Our off-topic free-for-everything-(legal)-forum. Post here if it's not directly related to WTactics.
- Posts: 794
- Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 15:25
- Location: Sweden
I bought and tried out a couple of hours of a CCG called Epic Card Game
. The game has 120 unique cards, is cheap, and you get everything you need for 2-4 players right out of the box with just one game package. There only exists one copy of each card.
My impressions are:
- Plays like magic, with the main difference that there are only creatures and events and only 1 mana any given turn.
- Easiest CCG I've ever tried.
- Fastest also, tops 20 min per game.
- Super-action filled, cards cost 0 or 1.
(The whole game can also be re-constructed with just Magic cards and limiting your deck builds to just creating a custom format containing cards that cost 0-1 (or I'd actually go with 0-3 even))
I do recommend the game to anyone that is new to the genre and consider it to be a good entry point. Naturally, with those design decisions, the game isn't in the same genre as a full fledged CCG, but it is a really good stepping stone into the world of games.