Elvish Ambush (or general design question)

Clemens
Elvish Ambush (or general design question)

Post by Clemens » Sun Nov 06, 2016 18:00

Hello.

I have a design question, about something I just noticed on the card Elvish Ambush. It's effect deals "1 damage" and it uses the same symbol for as for power for the 1 (1 in the circle). Should the number symbols be used for every number, or is that a mistake, and should they be used only for power?
snowdrop
developer

Re: Elvish Ambush (or general design question)

Post by snowdrop » Sun Nov 06, 2016 20:45

In general, that's not how symbols are meant to be used, which is sending something to reciever that is direct and sums something up, like for example "this costs x resources".

Haven't heard ng say something about it being multi-used, or if he, due to other resource system, droppes the symbolism of resources or adopted another one (circle with number stems from, and works perfectly well, in ORC where there is only one currency... being "gold")
ngoeminne

Re: Elvish Ambush (or general design question)

Post by ngoeminne » Mon Nov 07, 2016 18:32

Hi Clemens,

Snowdrop is right, the circled number symbols are only ment for power/resources. It's a left over from layout tests. Pistos did a good job editing to native English. And now I'm very happy that you're doing it on the semantic level as well. Every improvement on consistency helps.

Feel free to make the change.
Kind regards,
Nico

Clemens wrote:Hello.

I have a design question, about something I just noticed on the card Elvish Ambush. It's effect deals "1 damage" and it uses the same symbol for as for power for the 1 (1 in the circle). Should the number symbols be used for every number, or is that a mistake, and should they be used only for power?