Rules edits?

Only post if you have actually read them and the design document(s) in the Wiki.
aspidites
Re: Rules edits?

Post by aspidites » Thu Apr 19, 2012 08:54

snowdrop wrote:I see it's my confusing wording.... :oops:

In their current state they are mainly intended for the devs to work with. The devs goal is however to create rules that players understand, so while the devs are the target while they are being created, it is all done for the players, as is the game in general. Once they are done and "stable" we will remove that notice.
Perhaps it would beneficial to create a chart similar to what I have done with ViCE to visualize the level of interaction each layer of development is meant for. this is a good start, but I think defining explicitly who interacts well will help in clarifying the documentation. I don't think it needs to be a public or even physically created chart (though that would help), but I think conciously knowing where the separation of responsibility might help in writing future documentation.
snowdrop
developer

Re: Rules edits?

Post by snowdrop » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:03

but I think conciously knowing where the separation of responsibility might help in writing future documentation.
Good point.

What is problematic is that I always imagined stuff in open projects working because people took responsibility themselves, and also it being unmotivating to get "orders" about what to do.