Rebels event card template

Tell us your thoughts on the WTactics aesthetics, but make sure you stay constructive.
Forum rules
Legal: Only post art that is legally yours. By posting you agree that the material you post may be licensed by WTactics using the GPL2 or later license(s) and/or be re-licensed by us to other open source licenses as explained here. Critics: Are welcome, but no artist will revise his/her work, no matter how correct the critics are. Notice that this is an economical issue.
Q_x
developer
Rebels event card template

Post by Q_x » Tue Oct 05, 2010 16:45

Do we want to have card cost with glow effect?

It has an impact on how to prepare the template - mainly if this would be imported set of objects, or just a text like card title, with some fancy styling.

BTW - what factors made cards so small?
I'm the filthy bastard you wish you never met.
snowdrop
developer

Re: Rebels event card template

Post by snowdrop » Wed Oct 06, 2010 18:18

No, we don't: The glow of gold cost is an ancient version of the template. It should use "hand made drop shadow", at least in inkscape (duplicating the object, using some blur on the layer and some transparency maybe, the same way the fake drop shadows of the card title text has been done.)

Card dimensions depend really only on one single thing: They're the world standard, and there isn't a CCG that I'm aware of that doesn't use it. The standardization makes it possible to buy sleeves that fit and also boxes etc made to hold your cords. While I don't think boxes is an argument here, I certainly think we must insure to support this small standard size of cards that fit in sleeves - how else would 99% of the players that home-print or photodevelop be able to protect their cards with zero hassle?
Q_x
developer

Post by Q_x » Thu Oct 07, 2010 05:36

No problem with cards smaller or bigger in this case.
Smaller - My set of Piatnik's traditional cards has something like 88-89x58-59mm, so also quite close. (Or maybe we should use the Google's catchphrase modified as "close enough")
Bigger cards sometime happens - this is the case of part of Vampire card game, they are something like you can see under this link.
snowdrop
developer

Post by snowdrop » Thu Oct 07, 2010 07:16

Personally I have no issues with bigger cards than the "CCG standard". Part of the dimensions can also be explained with economy I guess. We could ofc supply the cards in a "large" version as well if we want to, but question remains how one would protect such cards and make them durable.
Q_x
developer

Post by Q_x » Thu Oct 07, 2010 09:00

Naah, players will upscale it anyway. We can be sure that even some cards scaled up to a4 will happen :D