Bazar Explorer not updating

Anything related to dev. & that doesn't fit in below categories.
TorbenBeta
Bazar Explorer not updating

Post by TorbenBeta » Sun Sep 05, 2010 19:40

I have a problem with bazaar explorer, maybe I'm silly but I can't find a solution.
Bazaar Explorer says that " Working tree is up to date at revision 4." but I know that Revision 5 is already done. If you could help me it would be good. Thank you in advance.
Torben
snowdrop
developer

Re: Bazar Explorer not updating

Post by snowdrop » Sun Sep 05, 2010 20:10

a) Has it ever worked for you as it should have? Example, did it properly update from 3 to 4? Or is this the first time you try the update?

b) Have you successfully "checked out" (in other words, properly downloaded all the content of 4 from the B Explorer) the content to your hard disk?

c) Could you show me a screenshot of the message you get (if it's in English), and perhaps also of all your settings in B Explorer?

d) http://wtactics.org/files/pics/screenshot_075.jpeg In the screenshot you can ignore everything except the message and icon at number (1) - that is how yours should look - it should complain that what you have locally is different from version 5. (Which of course rev. 4 is.) Have you tried pushing buttons 5 and 4? One of them should resolve the issue.

e) What OS do you use? I could try to reproduce your problem by installing BE in Windows Vista. Currently I don't even remember how I managed to set it up on my real system, and I have never done it in Windows before, so I'm afraid I can't help you until I get a chance to install it in Win. Or do you use OSX?
TorbenBeta

Post by TorbenBeta » Thu Sep 09, 2010 17:46

Well I found the solution I just used the command line and ran "bzr branch lp:wtactics update".
I got a folder named update (rev5) now and the old folder WTactics (rev4).
Now I can simply overwrite the files.
But thank you very much anyway.
Torben
snowdrop
developer

Post by snowdrop » Thu Sep 09, 2010 18:22

TorbenBeta wrote:Well I found the solution I just used the command line and ran "bzr branch lp:wtactics update".
I got a folder named update (rev5) now and the old folder WTactics (rev4).
Now I can simply overwrite the files.
But thank you very much anyway.
Torben
I've started writing on a guide in the wiki with screenshots for the Bazaar Explorer, explaining how to get the project and how to update it etc. With little luck I'll finish the guide and post the link in here once I've finished it, maybe this weekend or next.

As for your command above: I believe, that after you are in the "trunk" directory (or whatever you call it) on your hard drive, that you should be able to type "bzr update" and that it would update all the files correctly. Please notice that "update" here when I write about it is a bazaar command, and that when you wrote it it wasn't a command - you actually told Bazaar to checkout (download) the project to a folder called "update" on your hard drive.

Here's an example from my terminal:

Code: Select all

snowdrop@snowdrop:~$ cd trunk
snowdrop@snowdrop:~/trunk$ bzr update
Tree is up to date at revision 5 of branch /home/snowdrop/trunk
snowdrop@snowdrop:~/trunk$ 
In the above I change dir (cd) to a dir called "trunk" that's on my local hard drive. The "trunk" dir is a copy of the bazaar stuff, that I got by using the command specified in the downloads-page on the WT-site.

I then type "bzr update" and then Bazaar checks my local trunk and files in it with the files that are on the server (the "real" trunk online at Bazaar/launchpad). Bazaar then tells me no update is needed as I already have the most recent files.
snowdrop
developer

Post by snowdrop » Sun Sep 12, 2010 16:51

Done. Feel free to add anything that's not in there and is relevant.

http://chaosrealm.net/w/Using_Bazaar_Explorer