Demo : new card database and generation tool

Anything related to dev. & that doesn't fit in below categories.
xarn
Re: Demo : new card database and generation tool

Post by xarn » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:41

I notice the difference, now it takes quite some time to load ...but it's ok. Btw, I never used azure, may I ask you how much it costs, out of curiosity?
ngoeminne

Post by ngoeminne » Sat Jul 02, 2016 13:11

Hi xarn,

I was also just now doing a new deploy/publish. I added sorting on the cards, and added links to the other parts of the project. I still need to configure the IIS thread pools, so they don't go all to sleep.
Once one is fired up (after a first call by someone), it shouldn't be to slow.
xarn wrote:I notice the difference, now it takes quite some time to load ...but it's ok. Btw, I never used azure, may I ask you how much it costs, out of curiosity?
Here's the azure pricing calculator https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/calculator/
In short, all things like storage, database, etc... is cheap, but the uptime and processing power is costly.

I had first a D2_V2 VM configuration
It has 2 cores, 100 GB SSD, 7 GB RAM and that costs 175 euro / a month (without VAT)

I changed it to A1 VM configuration
It has 1 core, 40GB SSD, 1.75 GB RAM and cost 46 euro / a month (without VAT)

There is still one lower, and that's A0,
That's a shared core (0.25 core), 20 GB SSD,0.75 RAM and costs about 12 euro a month (without VAT)

Kind regards,
Nico
xarn

Post by xarn » Sat Jul 02, 2016 13:34

wow, that's quite hefty, I didn't expected that ...I think you can switch to an A0 since the site handles very few traffic.
ngoeminne

Post by ngoeminne » Sat Jul 02, 2016 14:34

Hi xarn,

I configured ISS to not recycle the app pools, it should perform better. Still, the site isn't precompiled, so first call will still be a bit slow.
xarn wrote:wow, that's quite hefty, I didn't expected that ...I think you can switch to an A0 since the site handles very few traffic.
I'll look into that. Problem is not the traffic, but the card generation using inkscape (lots of power and mem needed).

Kind regards,
Nico