ARC : House of Nobles deck preview

Anything related to dev. & that doesn't fit in below categories.
ngoeminne
ARC : House of Nobles deck preview

Post by ngoeminne » Sat May 14, 2016 20:32

Hi all,

I just finished a preview House of Noble's deck for the ARC.
It is in very very early stages, but wanted one before some of my MtG friends come over next week and do some playtesting.

I found it incredible difficult to design control cards, cause they are hard to predict.
Anyway, for those who like to read up, I've called it "Economics" and you can find it here:

http://wtactics.westeurope.cloudapp.azu ... 6ef852eee4

@Peter : I'm looking forward to your 'Peter's bad fate' HoN card :-)

Kind regards,
Nico
snowdrop
developer

Re: ARC : House of Nobles deck preview

Post by snowdrop » Sun May 15, 2016 18:22

If it was my deck/set I'd change it in the lines of the following, and also introduce more creatures in it.

Endless Debate
Nice card.

Would only change it's name to be more in line with something that isn't related to reason, but money instead (House of Nobles flavour vs Gaian etc). E.g. "For hire" or "Without honor" or "Loyal to none".

Bargain
Maybe change cost to "T" instead, where T = target cards gold cost. Either turn it into Magic instead as Event is quite flexible.

Grand Bazar
Maybe too steep cost to trigger. Change to "Discard 1 card" instead of 2.

City Council
Probably too cheap for what it does: Higher gold cost on entry or make cost for ability higher to 3 or 4.

Return to Sender
Very very cheap as it is now: For 1 slot and 2 G you make the opponent lose all the gold he invested on playing the creature (since he has to repay it to make it enter), you remove its enchantments for free, and you block next drawing so he only draws 1 new card.

Maybe 3G or 4G.
ngoeminne

Re: ARC : House of Nobles deck preview

Post by ngoeminne » Sun May 15, 2016 20:31

Hey Snowdrop,

Your advice is sound. These cards there aren't in any way close to being finalized.
This deck is mainly for playtest next week. And to introduce some counter, resources and draw abilities.

I'll change the balances of the cards taking all three decks into account.

- Endless Debate (sounds like something for the HoN, no?), but indeed Loyal to none or For hire are much better

- Bargain, it should be indeed magic, not event

- Grand Bazar: I was actually in doubt here, since our 2 cards draw makes gaining new cards easy already, so that's why I put on 2 for the card swap. (since it also takes up no slot)

- City Council: agreed, the draw is to easy

Thanks for your input