Fishy rain

Anything related to dev. & that doesn't fit in below categories.
Q_x
developer
Fishy rain

Post by Q_x » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:44

Event
Sea creature can join the battle on your side, you have to pay the cost in the way like it would be an event card. The creature dies after battle.
Cost: 0
I'm the filthy bastard you wish you never met.
TorbenBeta

Re: Fishy rain

Post by TorbenBeta » Tue Nov 02, 2010 18:38

Interesting Card but the name is kind of... misleading.
What are the stats of the creature and what faction is is for? I would guess Gaia?
And what do you imagine for the card art?
Name suggestion: Wrath of the sea, humid/wet attack.
Torben
Q_x
developer

Post by Q_x » Tue Nov 02, 2010 19:09

I'd imagine that a tornado came and sucked up our fellow Merfolk and transported it into front with water, algae and tones of fish, therefore the name. But, as I said, its not that it should be the same if it will go into game ;)

The craeture may be totally random, Ideally it would be instant-play card for sea creatures.
snowdrop
developer

Post by snowdrop » Tue Nov 02, 2010 20:26

Q_x wrote:Event
Sea creature can join the battle on your side, you have to pay the cost in the way like it would be an event card. The creature dies after battle.
Cost: 0
I don't get it: What creature? From where? Hand? Army deck? Already in play?
Q_x
developer

Post by Q_x » Wed Nov 03, 2010 07:48

You play Fishy rain event card first. For free.
It makes you can play a single creature like an event card (so from hand) and put it into a battle. The drawback is the creature has to be discarded (graved) after the battle.
snowdrop
developer

Post by snowdrop » Wed Nov 03, 2010 09:58

Sea Support - 0
Put target creatures in your hand directly into play in the front with the most Merfolk in it. You must pay their cost & at least two Merfolk must already be in play in that front.
?

...the original card was way to powerless for anyone to play it. Why would anyone ever use it? Think about it:

a) It takes a card slot in the deck

b) It allows you to insta-play a creature for it's real cost (thus cost for this cars is creatures cost + 2 card slots in total)

c) The creature dies after combat, no matter what happened. So, in other words, you always sacrifice the creature with this card. (If so, another card would be better for that purpose "Sacrafice a creature card in your hand, mark 2 friendly creatures: Destroy target creature." But.. how many times would you want to do this? Especially after paying it's full cost? Most creatures are included in deck for a reason - their stats and abilities. Both are turned into one-timers now.

d) Same effect - kill of the other creature - will probably be accomplished with another card (e.g. one that boosts creature stats) instead of a 2-card combo. If so, players will always choose 1-card combos instead of 2 since it's more reliable and also eats half the amount of card estate in the deck.
Q_x
developer

Post by Q_x » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:13

Thumb up for the Sea Support.

Problem I wanted to solve with a creature dying at the end came to me as you can literally spawn many cards at once with it, maybe too many, like half of hand (with other half full of Fishy rains). So how about reducing RP by 1 for a creature played this way?
TorbenBeta

Post by TorbenBeta » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:27

I do think that this would be a good card.
But sea support should not reduce a RP by one. It would in long sight be hindering as it reduces your resources by one.
But the ability to play a card directly in the front, even in the turn of your enemy is good enough.
So maybe increase the cost to 1G?