WTactics Online Play : functional demo up!

Anything related to dev. & that doesn't fit in below categories.
ngoeminne
WTactics Online Play : functional demo up!

Post by ngoeminne » Wed Oct 26, 2016 21:59

Hi folks,

We have a first kind of working online game demo at

http://wtactics.westeurope.cloudapp.azure.com/#/games

Step 1: 'New Game' + give it a nice name + click create, it will be listed in the game list below
Step 2: Select a deck from the combobox (Gaian love for life, or Uneasy Alliance) + click join

Others can join the game you've created (since it is in the list), they only need to perform Step2.
When two players have joined the game, the selected decks are loaded and you can start playing.
Inactive games/game sessions are removed after 30 mins.

For communication, you'll have to use an other channel like our IRC Chat, Skype, or wathever.

Btw for now only FF and Chrome are supported (IE is hopeless), Edge will work when they finish implementing the Web Push API (server side events). Mobile devices are not supported (yet)

Any feedback is welcome. Bear in mind that this is a very rough prototype demo, and bugs, crashes strange race conditions are to be expected.

Kind regards,
Nico
ngoeminne

Re: WTactics Online Play : functional demo up!

Post by ngoeminne » Sat Nov 12, 2016 23:43

Hi folks,

We had some people trying out the demo, Clemens was the first to do so and it worked ok.
Today I had a trial run with Peter as well. There was a small glitch where his hand got spun into thin air, so I'll have to investigate that. (Just in case you were wondering, I didn't mind him loosing all his hand cards, it gave me the upper.... hand)

We went soft on the demo and didn't put it under pressure, so each action was nicely done and not some random messing around. Meanwhile I was also explaining how to play ARC, and that actually worked.

Anyway, I feel it can already be used by us for playtesting. And with some more work on it, it could be opened up more. Or we can take the lackyccg approach as well.

Kind regards,
Nico
ngoeminne

Post by ngoeminne » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:06

Hi Folks,

I investigated the disappearing hand, and it turned out to be a small bug.
When done with browsing the cards in a deck, hand, graveyard using the popover.
I re-sync the card list (cards might be reordered, turned face up/down).

The implementation, clears the lists, and re-adds the cards in the correct order (and state).
It turned out that I cleared all the lists of the player, instead of only the list that he/she was looking at.
So, it's fixed.

No more disappearing hand cards ... to bad, it was probably my only chance to win a game once in a while :-)

Kind regards,
Nico
snowdrop
developer

Post by snowdrop » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:43

Nice to see smooth debugging, that was a super-fast fix... I get so de-energized when I can't find out where the problem is located. :P
ngoeminne

Post by ngoeminne » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:57

Hey folks,

I added two card-counters (not very stylish, but functional).
They are at the middle-left of the card (the white numbers).

You can increase/decrease using the mouse wheel (hover over the counter + wheel)

So, the thing should be completely functional now.
Kind regards,
Nico