Gaian love for life - proof print results

Anything related to dev. & that doesn't fit in below categories.
ngoeminne
Gaian love for life - proof print results

Post by ngoeminne » Wed Nov 16, 2016 14:12

Hi folks,

I just got the first proof print of the gaian ARC deck :-)

The proof print was with the slightly scaled down cards and this time I got them cut on 64 by 90, without rounded corners, so they fit nicely in the standard sleeves. The rounded corners are no added value at all, the straight cuts are nicer.

Again, the look and feel, the texture, the color depth, the sharpness, the readability are all great.

Some card were cut a bit close to the top-border. (20% of them, it was probably a single batch) I'll ask that they pay closer attention when cutting.

The back-side is now a little nicer, as I made the watermark land background a bit more visible.

Yesterday I was on a gaming evening organized by our badminton club, and I brought the uneasy alliance deck proof prints and set out to play with Koen (one of my playtesters buddies).

We got some attention and people asking if we were playing something like MTG (they did detect that it was not MTG). When I said we were playing a self created game, they wouldn't believe it at first. "Yes really", "eh.. you're joking", "well no", "but who did the artwork?", "Well, Santi our amazing artist", "... oh, great looking cards :-), how is it called?"

So, for me, that's an indication that the quality of the cards is good.

Kind regards,
Nico
Peter

Re: Gaian love for life - proof print results

Post by Peter » Fri Nov 18, 2016 18:28

1.) As I haven't played MtG on a table, I have a question: Is it convenient to play a CCG with sleeves? Or is playing with them a bit clumsy?

2.) And so I am not the only one who thinks these graphics are phantastic and can compete with MtG (they are even better). 8-)
Kind regards and happy coding :)
ngoeminne

Re: Gaian love for life - proof print results

Post by ngoeminne » Fri Nov 18, 2016 19:09

Hi Peter,
Peter wrote:1.) As I haven't played MtG on a table, I have a question: Is it convenient to play a CCG with sleeves? Or is playing with them a bit clumsy?
No not at all, sleeved cards play rather well. They also help with shuffling, and I feel better (at ease) when there are drinks on the table. So, I could recommend you sleeving your cards.

There are many different kind of sleeves, but generally you have the choice between slick or grip.
Depending on how you like the touch and feel of the plastic.

I'll make some photo's of the sleeved gaian cards and post them on the wiki.

Btw, I'm using a different sleeve back color for the 'city' cards, so they are easily picked from the stack of cards.

Kind regards,
Nico