Tutorial 1 and Cutpurse Imp

Anything related to dev. & that doesn't fit in below categories.
Peter
Tutorial 1 and Cutpurse Imp

Post by Peter » Fri Feb 10, 2017 22:07

Hi, I looked at the tutorials.

In the first tutorial, approximately at 6 min : 50 sec, there is a transfer of resources which I don't understand. Also I don't understand the Cutpurse Imp card (which is the same topic I guess). Does the Cutpurse Imp "translate" the resource to the wanted form?).
Kind regards and happy coding :)
ngoeminne

Re: Tutorial 1 and Cutpurse Imp

Post by ngoeminne » Tue Feb 14, 2017 17:54

Hi Peter,

The first tutorial doesn't explain the cut purse imp. It explains how you play resource cards (put a card face down and select a power gem of a certain color). You can indicate the available gems per color with the resource counters on the right.

It then explains how to play a card. E.g. The cut purse imp costs 3 and has 2 loyalty marks. Hence, you need to use 3 gems with at least 2 of them being red. You indicate the used gems using the resource counters on the right. If you do, the card is put into play.

That's it for tutorial 1, it doesn't explain the played card's effects and abilities.

For the specific cut purse imp card. Once it is played, you can take an opponent's resource card (and corresponding) power gem and use it as your own. If the imp dies, you need to return the resource card. Again, that is not explained in the first tutorial.

Hope that makes it clear,
Kind regards,
Nico
Clemens

Post by Clemens » Fri Feb 17, 2017 08:54

Hey Nico,

during playtesting with a friend a few days ago I noticed something about Cutpurse Imp, that needs to be clarified. Does the status of the resource card remain? So it was used by the previous owner, can it be used again in the same turn by the new owner, or not?

Kind regards,
Clemens
ngoeminne

Post by ngoeminne » Sat Feb 18, 2017 14:37

Hi Clemens,

We've also encountered this in our play tests.
For now we've always played it like the stolen resource card is put newly into play, hence it is usable directly and the color is chosen by the cut purse imps owner.

For these things we should have an official ruling section on the cards.

Kind regards,
Nico