Wordpress changelog

Anything related to dev. & that doesn't fit in below categories.
Simons Mith
Wordpress changelog

Post by Simons Mith » Thu Nov 11, 2010 23:31

AFAICS Wordpress doesn't give you anywhere to log what you've changed or why, although it does at least give you a diff tool so that you can look. Also, I've just edited the WTactics 'about' page, and the change has been backdated to June (in place of the last edit by snowdrop) for some reason known only to the Wordpress software.

It might be good to track these changes. Where's the best place? This thread? PMs? A changelog page on Wordpress itself? I want to try to use whatever channels you guys already prefer, rather than setting up something new. For now I will track them here.

When I'm online making changes I'll try to get into the habit of being on IRC as well.

Wordpress: static page changes:

about - typography refinements, minor rewordings, handful of spelling mistakes and typos.
faq - scattering of rewordings, handful of spelling mistakes and typos. About 70% done.
snowdrop
developer

Re: Wordpress changelog

Post by snowdrop » Fri Nov 12, 2010 05:07

The diff tool is basic but ok, it does show what was changed, but one would have to read it all to draw a conclusion :P

You' right that WP lacks a smooth way of logging the changes, like for example Wikimedia has. Maybe there's a plugin for WP that would remedy this. They have an amazingly huge library of plugins, and if you think you find one i'd happily activate it on the site.

Else, it would probably be best to dump the info in here. I don't think the Wiki would be better given the nature of the info.

About the date problems: Publish date can also be set by you manually in the right column, right next to the textbox. Feel free to correct any strangeness that WP is guilty of. ;) Always set the date you edited the text most recently.