Xarn

Say hi to the others - post an informative presentation of yourself. Follow these instructions.
Forum rules
Every presentation should be it's own separate thread. Each person is entitled to only one presentation. Follow these instructions.
xarn
Xarn

Post by xarn » Wed Oct 26, 2011 16:21

Hello folks!

...I actually hesitated a lot for this picture. Between Dilbert and Phoenix, I was quite undecided. I think such a picture is quite interesting because it also represents a bit of one's personality.

So, in one sense, I'm a 29 y.o. Dilbert. I have studied computer science, coded since childhood, worked in various places, etc. And had my share of stupid bosses, and also good ones. Sadly, there were more from the former than the latter. Anyway, I would say I'm technically fit.

Actually, I consider myself a master of a mystical art called programming. This is in my opinion a demanding activity, requiring lots of knowledge, focus, skills, experience, etc... However, for external people, which means nearly everyone, it can't be seen nor really understood at all. That's why it's sometimes a bit unrewarding. I mean, when an architect makes a great building, you see it and say "wow!" ...when a programmer designs a complex software running on a server, nobody sees it, despite it may be much more complex than the big building. It's ingenuity simply can't be seen.

Besides of this, I'm currently in a quite crazy situation now, i'm jobless and homeless... woot! :? That means that I currently have to move my furnitures to a friend's place, have to find a new job, have to find a new home, a lot of paper work... and so on. :) So bare with me if I'm not that available.

Basically, I quit my last job because I had serious issues with my previous pointy haired boss, and I am now on the street. I pushed myself hard for two years to make the best and biggest software I ever wrote, which was in my opinion a true masterpiece and if you put everything together, it would have made a book bigger than harry potter ...and all for nothing. In the end it all went down the toiled because of his stupidity. Now I'm out of there, which is actually a good thing, but it left me with some bitterness which I have to digest and have to find a new place, to start again from zero.

This brings me to the phoenix... when it dies, it revives from its ashes. So that's how I am right now, I'm a bit in ashes, but I don't want to stay like this and want to become the phoenix again. I want to push, to fight, and find me back a great place to live and work. Seems I'm in my poetic mood!

But, well, here I'll just be your Dilbert, and try to provide you with my skills a few hours per week, here and there.

Cheers
Q_x
developer

Re: Xarn

Post by Q_x » Fri Oct 28, 2011 14:25

Hi!
You will not be left alone here, and not only you are a bit derailed life-wise in this project.

(and I hope you have a backup of the code!)
I'm the filthy bastard you wish you never met.
Alexis.R

Re: Xarn

Post by Alexis.R » Tue Nov 15, 2011 01:21

Dude, your life gave me ideas for some short stories. Nice to meet you.
Esto va a entrar en el examen.