Alexis R

Say hi to the others - post an informative presentation of yourself. Follow these instructions.
Forum rules
Every presentation should be it's own separate thread. Each person is entitled to only one presentation. Follow these instructions.
Alexis.R
Alexis R

Post by Alexis.R » Sun Nov 13, 2011 00:33

Hey everyone, I'm Alexis and I'll be working on the Spanish translations for the site.
Peace.
Esto va a entrar en el examen.
Q_x
developer

Re: Hey

Post by Q_x » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:54

Hi Alexis!
Nice to see you're with us.
Take a look around, tell us what you think. I hope snowdrop will restore translations soon, so you will have a bit smoother approach to what you want to do.

And yes, you're yet another teacher in our team!
I'm the filthy bastard you wish you never met.
snowdrop
developer

Re: Alexis R

Post by snowdrop » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:54

I think people are curious about your age, occupation / education, what you do in life etc and other projects you've been part of. :P While it's not mandatory it's free to share whatever one can think of (okey, maybe not too personal stuff in a public forum ;) )

Btw, I like your avatar - que significa?
Alexis.R

Post by Alexis.R » Sun Nov 13, 2011 13:13

Thank you, I'm still getting familiarised with the site and the community.
And about me... I'm 24 years old guy from South America who finished his tranlsations studies in Spanish German and English last year. Next year I'm going to take teaching (even though I'm currently working as a teacher). I love literature, linguistics and videogames.
Finally I'm participating in this project for three reasons: first, I loved the concept of a free-of-charge CG; Second, I want to become more known as a translator and build my curriculum by getting involved in different projects, so I guess it's a win-win situation for everyone; and third, I needed a productive hobby.
I think that covers everything. :geek:
snowdrop
developer

Post by snowdrop » Mon Nov 14, 2011 21:55

Alexis.R wrote:Thank you, I'm still getting familiarised with the site and the community.
We're just literary a handful of people, so figuring out who's who and does what will be fast, though there is some text and catching up to do, mainly in the wiki and perhaps the most recent discussions in here. Whatever you do, don't read old stuff in the forum. :P

And about me... I'm 24 years old guy from South America who finished his tranlsations studies in Spanish German and English last year.
Nice.. we have active people from both spain & portugal since before, and now south america... :P
Finally I'm participating in this project for three reasons: first, I loved the concept of a free-of-charge CG;
Yeah, that was one of the main reasons this baby is up and running - me spending plenty of cash just to be able to build various decks. I realized many quit the genre altogether due to that and thought "what the heck, it can be done better". :P One thing though: This project is not only free of charge (gratis) - it's free in a copyleft sense as well, allowing people to make whatever they want of it. And that's also rarely seen in the CCG world, sadly. The best part with that is that it will be around as long as there is people that enjoys it as there will be no company or other force to shut it down when "sales" are bad or it loses interest.
Second, I want to become more known as a translator and build my curriculum by getting involved in different projects,
You'll get your name credited in the list(s) and could potentially be exposed to a lot of people that way. Eventually it could prove to be a good call, even if we currently are like 2 years away from "fame & glory"... lol.

I think it's great that you want to help an open project, and am sure there are others like us as well that would love to have a spanish translator aboard. Best part is that you will probably be forced to "learn" and become more developed on a professional level as a translator: Internationalization is a pretty hard thing to do, if one wants to do it well and consistent. It's a task that many people, including project leaders & developers alike, usually underestimate.

As for curriculum it would be nice and work out. Also perhaps more impressive to some to see yopru work being displayed in a combination with graphics.
and third, I needed a productive hobby.
We've been at it for two years already. It will be long-term and productive if you make it so. :P There will always be work, both as translator but also in any other forms of development if you are interested in it - just shout.
Alexis.R

Post by Alexis.R » Tue Nov 15, 2011 01:35

Thanks for the comments, Snowdrop, they are very encouraging.
I was thinking that in addition to translating, I can help with the story and lore since I read and write a lot (I'm finishing my first short novel); but let's not get ahead of ourselves I'll finish the translations and then we may talk about other ideas.
By the way, my avatar is a fragment of a page in which I wrote a short story: it simply depicts my awful handwriting and the fact that I write.