Sandscape needs some icons and small graphics

Browser based open source cross platform solution for easily playing customizable card games online vs other players. Lead dev: knitter
Knitter
developer
Sandscape needs some icons and small graphics

Post by Knitter » Sat Apr 21, 2012 19:06

I've been postponing this but it needs to be done so, if anyone is able to create or find the graphics need for Sandscape just post them here.

I need an icon to use in the in-game menu, around 16x16 for: dice, counters, decks, system option;

Also, cards need proper backs, I'm using the ones I found in bazaar but I need to have a proper card back with the correct size and in PNG format. Don't know if I can find this one in bazaar, do we have any official card back?

Icons to use in counters for increase and decrease, something that fits better in the game interface (mostly brown/brownish gray).

Icon to show game actions, currently draw card to hand, draw card to table or shuffle deck. If you have any more actions please feel free to suggest.

This is probably something that will evolve with the use of the platform.

I also take any tutorial that helps me create these icons, if you have some simple to follow ones :)
Rejoice! For very bad things are about to happen.
snowdrop
developer

Re: Sandscape needs some icons and small graphics

Post by snowdrop » Sun Apr 22, 2012 01:12

Knitter wrote:I've been postponing this but it needs to be done so, if anyone is able to create or find the graphics need for Sandscape just post them here.
Preferably in SVG maybe(?) and licensed using whatever SS is using...

I need an icon to use in the in-game menu, around 16x16 for: dice, counters, decks, system option;
Can give it a shot to create simplistic ones within 1-2 weeks. I'm thinking 2 colours and pure 2d, given the size. I am not artist though and am confident most in here would do it better...

Also, cards need proper backs, I'm using the ones I found in bazaar but I need to have a proper card back with the correct size and in PNG format. Don't know if I can find this one in bazaar, do we have any official card back?
We have no official back, but have a temporary that's an updated version of what you have seen >>
http://wtactics.org/files/tempback.tar.bz2

As far as I know Bfw-logo and map are gpl2 or later. We can use it until we get our own fancy logo, but that won't happen for quite some time as it isn't on priority list.

I didn't follow the size-question: I guess size in SS depends on size of all the playing cards? I included hi-res image in package, png, easy to scale. It's proportions are correct with what all the playing cards will use.
Icons to use in counters for increase and decrease, something that fits better in the game interface (mostly brown/brownish gray).
Why icons when + and - signs are easier to understand?

Icon to show game actions, currently draw card to hand, draw card to table or shuffle deck. If you have any more actions please feel free to suggest.
Yay, tricky tricky... in contrast to some other ones these will probably have to be learned by the user... hrm.... Will they be paired withe explaining text, or will just the icons show?

This is probably something that will evolve with the use of the platform.
Yups. = P
Knitter
developer

Re: Sandscape needs some icons and small graphics

Post by Knitter » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:29

snowdrop wrote:Why icons when + and - signs are easier to understand?
Currently I'm using + and - icon, green and red, but it looks a bit off, like most in game images. What I need is the same look in all of them, even if they are just +/- symbols or even if I end up using letters and CSS.
Rejoice! For very bad things are about to happen.