Do you believe in UFO?

Our off-topic free-for-everything-(legal)-forum. Post here if it's not directly related to WTactics.

Do you believe in UFO?

Yes, I saw them
No votes
Yes, I believe but didnt saw them
67%
Maybe yes, maybe no
No votes
I'm will not believe before I will not seen them
No votes
No, all videos and photos with UFO is fake!
33%

Total votes: 3
AllohaFex
Do you believe in UFO?

Post by AllohaFex » Mon Nov 12, 2012 17:52

Hello to all!

Do you believe in UFO?
(In UFO I mean extraterrestrials)

I hope for serious answers, it's need for social project

Thank you all.
Mattaiyah
developer

Re: Do you believe in UFO?

Post by Mattaiyah » Mon Nov 12, 2012 18:02

Of course I believe in aliens! The odds of us being the only life in the universe are nearly impossible! I don't believe that people can/have see them, though.

P.S. This belongs in Chaos, not General.
Q_x
developer

Post by Q_x » Mon Nov 12, 2012 18:34

Hi there!

I think there were some airborne objects that were unidentified.
I think there is some form of life outside of our stellar system.
I think those two things are not connected though.
And if a thing is classified as an UFO, is a matter of strict US military classification, not faith.

But there is yet another aspect. Same as with Moomins, unicorns, ghosts, miracles etc., you can't say it doesn't exist. It exists as a cultural phenomena. Even for those, who state it's the only way it exists - they saw them (on photos, illustrations, in movies and games), read and write about and so on.

I don't know what to click in the survey, I think I've replied a bit different question than you'd expect. I hope this opinion is usable for your purpose though.

Cheers!
I'm the filthy bastard you wish you never met.
snowdrop
developer

Post by snowdrop » Mon Nov 12, 2012 19:14

Your research will probably be flawed as there is little statistical gain from gathering random peoples opinion ;) You'd get very different results from asking this in a gaming community, a seniors retirement home and a baking-moms-meeting :P

I think there have been some "major" polls on it, and from what I remember about 30 - 50% of the average joes believe in the existance of UFO's. Then again, as Qx m entions, UFO is just an "unidentified flying object" and the terminology is easy to satisify - there are thousands of such spottings. How many of them are alien is another thing...