Gaian

Suggest and discuss creature and faction abilities.
Q_x
developer
Gaian

Post by Q_x » Fri Feb 03, 2012 14:11

Some green stuff...
Will Help: If this creature will survive a battle, it can prevent 1 damage to another creature
Call Back: [m] to move a fighting ally creature back, without dealing damage.
Tall: choose one creature in the same battle, it will gain "flying" ability (whatever flying really is)
Big Flyer: all ally creatures during battle will gain "flying"
I'm the filthy bastard you wish you never met.
snowdrop
developer

Re: Gaian

Post by snowdrop » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:27

Q_x wrote:Some green stuff...
Will Help: If this creature will survive a battle, it can prevent 1 damage to another creature
Interesting one. :)

Although I don't think it should be used to an extent where it becomes keyworded. Now that I read the rest that goes for them also: Only generic and common stuff should be keyworded, else the keywords don't really help or fill any function (except flavour obviousley, but then we would confuse the players by sending out signals that it is worth it to learn the keyword when it isn't since it only exists on 1-2 creatures in the whole game)

I think we need a section in the Abilities List dedicated to all nice abilities suggestions even though they are not necessarily keyworded. :P
Call Back: [m] to move a fighting ally creature back, without dealing damage.
This one is very powerful and too cheap, as it is a pain in the ass: What it does is forces the opponent to attack with at least 2 creatures, and it will always block his most dangerous one.
Tall: choose one creature in the same battle, it will gain "flying" ability (whatever flying really is)
Big Flyer: all ally creatures during battle will gain "flying"
What is known as Flying in MtG is currently called Incognito in our game. Although I seriously question the wisdom of that wording and think we should maybe replace it with "Hidden" or "Stealth" or "Latent"... probably Hidden. (Thoughts?)

Given Gaia will usually have low damage dealing it seems like a nice fit to have a couple of creatures with abilities that focus on "flying".