General

Suggest and discuss creature and faction abilities.
Q_x
developer
General

Post by Q_x » Fri Feb 03, 2012 15:20

Some tings bumping around in the meantime:

Flying, First Strike, Ranged: attacks first, killed enemy will deal no damage.
Quick, Reinforcements: [m] move the creature to battle
Supplies: [m] the creature to unmark another creature
Trampling: after dealing some damage to a creature and killing it, the rest of the damage may be targeted against another creature. Damage taken by the trampling creature sums up.
I'm the filthy bastard you wish you never met.
snowdrop
developer

Re: General

Post by snowdrop » Fri Feb 03, 2012 21:16

Flying: We wont use that wording since most of our art is non-flying and it's a 1:1 rip-off from MtG. Renameded but the same: http://wtactics.org/wiki/index.php?titl ... #Incognito

First Strike: As above >> http://wtactics.org/wiki/index.php?titl ... ast_Strike

Ranged seems more logical if it would work another way if we have Fast Strike in the above:
Ranged - Creatures with ranged can not be defended against unless all other attackers are defended against first. or >> Ranged - Creatures with ranged can attack from the Defensive.

Supplies: I'm not sure we need to have that keyworded as very few creatures will have it...not sure right now though..

Trampling: I don't follow how it works. The defending player assigns defenders to the attacker. What happens with trampling happens already if for example he defends against Attacker 1 with both defender 1 and defender 2: Attacking P would then distribute damage among the defenders as he wishes.
Q_x
developer

Post by Q_x » Fri Feb 03, 2012 22:10

Trampling unit will attack other defenders, also those fighting with different units.

Other were just for the record, so that it won't be magically missing. Dunno what to think about the ranged, I guess I like the second version more.
snowdrop
developer

Post by snowdrop » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:02

Q_x wrote:Trampling unit will attack other defenders, also those fighting with different units.
Is this how it works? >>>

ATTACKER 1 is defended against by DEF 1 and DEF 2. Normally, without any ability, A1 can assign his damage to any/all DEF however he/she pleases. With the trample ability you suggest that A1 can assign damage to DEF 3 as well.. which is not blocking A1?
Q_x
developer

Post by Q_x » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:01

A1 is attacking D1. After defeating D1, A1 is able to attack D2 with the rest of it's damage.
snowdrop
developer

Post by snowdrop » Sun Feb 12, 2012 16:12

Q_x wrote:A1 is attacking D1. After defeating D1, A1 is able to attack D2 with the rest of it's damage.
A1 can't ever attack any creature. A1 always attacks the player. Player can then assign Defenders is he/she wishes to. :P
The Other

Post by The Other » Sun Apr 08, 2012 09:35

I'm new here so I may possibly have misunderstood the rules, but how about this?

Any creature with Trample must always be completely blocked if possible, before any non-trampling creatures can be blocked. You can't block any non-trampling attacker, unless you have already stopped all damage from creatures with Trample.
snowdrop
developer

Post by snowdrop » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:55

We have something similar, only better: http://wtactics.org/wiki/index.php?titl ... List#Taunt

I like your suggestion though and think it could be a less potent sibling to that ability. Maybe call it "Primary Target" or just "Primary" instead.