Nature's Outrage

Clemens
Nature's Outrage

Post by Clemens » Tue Oct 25, 2016 14:52

Since there are tree cities I think the card would need clarification as to only include flower and tree creatures.
ngoeminne

Re: Nature's Outrage

Post by ngoeminne » Tue Oct 25, 2016 15:19

Hi,

Well since a city has no attack value, it can't attack anyway. Don't think it is unclear.
If it comes up again we might change the text to be more clear.

There is for now only one Tree City, and that's the ancient tree. It was a test case if cities should have subtypes as well.

Thx for the feedback,
Nico
Clemens

Post by Clemens » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:09

I just noticed something else about Nature's Outrage. Currently it reads
All trees and flowers can attack this turn.
But the rules about conflicting rules say
If an effect forbids something, while another effect allows it, that something is forbidden. "No, not, can't" etc. always outweigh "can".
So I believe it should be changed to "All trees and flowers with peaceful can attack this turn as though they didn't have peaceful." (which I think is the intention of the card) Because otherwise the card wouldn't do anything.
ngoeminne

Post by ngoeminne » Mon Nov 07, 2016 16:50

Hey Clemens,

You are of course completely right. The card wouldn't do anything. When designing a card there is often distinction between the intent and the phrasing. In Dutch we call it 'the spirit of the law' vs 'the letter of the law'.

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll change it accordingly.
Kind regards,
Nico
Clemens

Post by Clemens » Mon Nov 07, 2016 17:01

Hey Nico,

I understand the intention, I just want to point that stuff out so the cards get more and more towards their finished version, especially if they will get printed soon.

While we're at it, another card I found problematic (this time as in I actually didn't fully understand the intent) was Nourished Flower. It triggers every time the player casts a gaian spell, but the rules don't yet define what a spell ist. Is it like in MtG and it triggers at every gaian card? Or only at Magic cards? Or Magic and Event cards? Not clear to me.
snowdrop
developer

Post by snowdrop » Mon Nov 07, 2016 20:13

Clemens wrote:Is it like in MtG and it triggers at every gaian card? Or only at Magic cards?
Think it means the last one of those.... in contrast to MtG we don't call every card "a spell"...
ngoeminne

Post by ngoeminne » Wed Nov 09, 2016 08:43

Hi Clemens, snowdrop,

I did intent it to be triggered on every every gaian card played by it's controller.
I changed the text to 'card' instead of 'spell'. If it would only trigger on events, we can just say so 'every time you play a Gaian Event'. Same would be true for all other types.
I wanted it to be for every gaian card.

Thx, for sorting this out.
Nico
ngoeminne

Post by ngoeminne » Mon Nov 14, 2016 20:39

Hi Clemens,
Clemens wrote:All trees and flowers with peaceful can attack this turn as though they didn't have peaceful." (which I think is the intention of the card) Because otherwise the card wouldn't do anything.
You're totally right, I have changed it as such.

Kind regards,
Nico