Manpower crisis ruleset

Only post if you have actually read them and the design document(s) in the Wiki.
Q_x
developer
Manpower crisis ruleset

Post by Q_x » Wed Apr 03, 2013 19:25

After relatively short writing with S. I wanted to show you, S. and myself something. I'm trying to develop an alpha release-ready, alternative ruleset, utilizing 24 manhours only. There will be no "real" graphics prepared in this limit, just bare rules, enough cards to play and framework for rapid testing and development.
I hope it'll be fun to make and the outcomes will be playable. I do it in a hurry, as you might have guessed by the way the thread is titled.
The ruleset is extremely sketchy ATM, most probably looks like a babbling from outer perspective. It took me 1 hour 55 minutes to write it down. It might need a part or two to be added to even cover all the basics (like scopes of spells, for example, or how the legendary cards are marked). But I hope you'll get the feel of how quickly and easily the game might be developed and played.

I'd be glad to establish mail-only development model, without using our infrastructure (forums, wiki) to check if it's possible to work that way, that is to develop and playtest using online makeshift tools like google docs for co-work and e-mail for communication. I'll be contacting you via mailinglist once the ruleset is reviewed in order to improve the structure, composition and clarity, which is the next step, more or less, planned for tomorrow.

If you're not on a mailing list, please chime in, else you're missing big time. As I'm missing big time neglecting the forums recently (hullo!).

If you want to join the crazy, super-rapid fun, just drop me a line.

Just in case you want to have a peek:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xmO ... sp=sharing

Cheers!
I'm the filthy bastard you wish you never met.
snowdrop
developer

Re: Manpower crisis ruleset

Post by snowdrop » Sat Apr 06, 2013 01:25

They're cool, and I'll drop some lines in doc. :) They deserve a real name though :P
Q_x
developer

Post by Q_x » Sat Apr 06, 2013 06:50

I have to take a break now from this subproject, I'm not sure how long it'll be. Important exam on Tuesday, photos on Thursday and Friday, work From Saturday through the following week until Tuesday, Tuesday and Wednesday - school, and finally on 25-29 I hope I'll be hiking a bit, depends on night temperatures mostly.

However, it took me 30 minutes to sort-of-take-care to fill all the obvious holes and mend it all from loose, scattered thoughts into something resembling any kind of structure. Inventing some basic cards is my next priority, I can actually do this without even being online.

I'm not sure about the title, but it looks like a crisis still.
sheapm

Post by sheapm » Sat Apr 27, 2013 07:28

I noticed you mentioned a mailing list? Something I'm not aware of, as far as I can tell?
Q_x
developer

Post by Q_x » Mon Apr 29, 2013 07:28

Welcome sheapm!

Yups, we have such thing as a mailing list. I guess you could bug Snowdrop a bit, I'm unable to add you there on my own.
If you think we're lazy, I'm quite sure you'll love the tempo once you burn yourself out in a couple of other projects that went up as quickly, as they were abandoned afterwards. We're not going to vanish in a couple of years, keep that in mind.

Progress report:
I'll have some free days starting this Wednesday. I've been doing some writing, but I'll have to rewrite some major parts. There's a "lack of infrastructure" set up already, all waiting to be rewritten, tested and posted. And I still have to test the game before it gets published, and make sure it's fun to play, at least on some basic level of entertainment. It'll be even simpler, and 10x faster to play by asynchronous media.

I've had some ideas for the real name, regarding LOAD acronym, but it looks like I've forgotten what was that. Lyric of Avoiding Diplomacy? I'm kinda ill, in fever, and of course pretty tired :twisted: :evil: :twisted:.
snowdrop
developer

Post by snowdrop » Tue Apr 30, 2013 05:21