Removing VP from ARC and Improving Cities

Only post if you have actually read them and the design document(s) in the Wiki.

Should Victory Points be removed from Arcmage?

Yes, VP should be removed!
100%
No, VP is awesome!
No votes
I have another idea (comment below
No votes

Total votes: 5
davidmfinol
Re: Removing VP from ARC and Improving Cities

Post by davidmfinol » Mon May 14, 2018 06:07

Magic recently changed "add X to your mana pool" to "Add X". I actually like removing the words "mana pool" from cards for simplicity's sake. I just really wish they had gone with "Produce X", since I can't help but think "to what?" whenever I see "Add X". May I suggest that the template be "Produce X {faction} resources" for Arcmage?
Desttinghim

Post by Desttinghim » Mon May 14, 2018 06:30

davidmfinol wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 06:07
Magic recently changed "add X to your mana pool" to "Add X". I actually like removing the words "mana pool" from cards for simplicity's sake. I just really wish they had gone with "Produce X", since I can't help but think "to what?" whenever I see "Add X". May I suggest that the template be "Produce X {faction} resources" for Arcmage?
That sounds reasonable to me. Would be a little less verbose and make more sense to less technically minded players. I approve.

I wonder if using an icon for the faction would be a good idea. It would shorten the cards, at the cost of making them have a slightly higher learning curve.
davidmfinol

Post by davidmfinol » Mon May 21, 2018 02:42

Desttinghim wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 06:30
I wonder if using an icon for the faction would be a good idea. It would shorten the cards, at the cost of making them have a slightly higher learning curve.
The factions already have icons, right? I think it would make sense to use the same loyalty marks that appear in the top-right corner of cards when writing cards that produce that type of resource.
ngoeminne

Post by ngoeminne » Mon May 21, 2018 13:05

Hi David,
davidmfinol wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 02:42
Desttinghim wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 06:30
The factions already have icons, right? I think it would make sense to use the same loyalty marks that appear in the top-right corner of cards when writing cards that produce that type of resource.
That would make sense, however the card generation tool can't handle that right now.
To generate inline symbols (as the mark and the current circles) we use a custom designed font, and that's hard and difficult work. Q_x might pull it off, but not me :-)

Sticking with the "Produce <x> <faction> resources" might suffice for now.
But yeah, in the future we could change that for symbols.

Kind regards,
Nico
Desttinghim

Post by Desttinghim » Wed May 23, 2018 05:26

ngoeminne wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 13:05
That would make sense, however the card generation tool can't handle that right now.
To generate inline symbols (as the mark and the current circles) we use a custom designed font, and that's hard and difficult work. Q_x might pull it off, but not me :-)

Sticking with the "Produce <x> <faction> resources" might suffice for now.
But yeah, in the future we could change that for symbols.
Should we make Produce a keyword ability? It seems like it would be a good candidate.

I have gone ahead and added it to the list of Abilities. If it needs to be removed, go ahead and do it.