Development Cards

Only post if you have actually read them and the design document(s) in the Wiki.
Desttinghim
Development Cards

Post by Desttinghim » Tue May 08, 2018 05:29

This is an idea I had while working in the yard today.

The jist of it is that cities can gain additional levels and so forth from a type of cards called "developments." This would act like enchantments in MTG, except for having a focus on cities and having a less mystical nature.

In my mind, these cards would be most common in the House of Nobles. In my mind they are the most entrepreneurial(?) and wealthy of the different factions, so it would make sense that they do a lot of development on the cities they live in. Not necessarily to improve the lives of those around them, but as vanity projects.

What do you think?
ngoeminne

Re: Development Cards

Post by ngoeminne » Tue May 08, 2018 11:54

Hi Louis,

This sounds great. I don't think we need a special kind of card. Just enchantments that increase the level with additional things (e.g. add a new level). You could do a number of annoying level-one things to an opponent's city.

Sounds fun,
Nico
Desttinghim wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 05:29
This is an idea I had while working in the yard today.

The jist of it is that cities can gain additional levels and so forth from a type of cards called "developments." This would act like enchantments in MTG, except for having a focus on cities and having a less mystical nature.

In my mind, these cards would be most common in the House of Nobles. In my mind they are the most entrepreneurial(?) and wealthy of the different factions, so it would make sense that they do a lot of development on the cities they live in. Not necessarily to improve the lives of those around them, but as vanity projects.

What do you think?