Post by Erundil » Fri Jun 14, 2013 17:58

Cost: 3 - 1
Type: Event

Mark all creatures.
snowdrop
developer

Re: Carpe Diem

Post by snowdrop » Sun Jun 16, 2013 15:11

This is a pure control card, hence more in line with HoN for example. Think of Banner as red in MtG and HoN as blue. Will move to correct forum.

Is it intended to also mark your own creatures, and/or creature sin all zones?
Erundil

Post by Erundil » Thu Jun 27, 2013 09:14

Red in Mtg has tapping cards too. Also, I don't think we should compare MtG colours to WT factions, as there is an insightful difference that will come out at some point.

The reason this card is Red Banner is because it goes with another HoN card: having them both under the same faction would make that faction overpowered, at least at the moment.

The idea behind it is that every unit loses discipline and minds its own bussiness. I thought lack of discipline and causing lack of discipline were RB features.

It marks all creatures in all zones.
snowdrop
developer

Post by snowdrop » Thu Jun 27, 2013 18:43

If I use this for 3 gold I can a) prevent all movement b) prevent all attacks c) prevent all assigning and d) prevent all marking. It's true that it will mark my own creatures also, but so what if I use it on the opponents turn? (And when would I ever use it on my own turn?)
Erundil

Post by Erundil » Fri Jun 28, 2013 22:33

Yes, the cost is arguable. However I'd like it to keep to 3 until deck/playtest occurs, as anyway we don't have many powerful cards. I''ll open a topic soon on the matter.