Cost: 4 - 2
Type: Event

Discard all marked creatures.
snowdrop
developer

Re: Nessun Dorma

Post by snowdrop » Sun Jun 16, 2013 15:47

Who does?

( + Moving it... discard and insta-killing-stuff should be mainly done by Shadowguild)
Erundil

Post by Erundil » Thu Jun 27, 2013 09:19

The caster does (as with MtG), but there are no targets.

The reason of this card was to be HoN: it should eliminated (along with Carpe Diem) rather than changed of faction.

It is not such an instant destruction: creatures need to be marked, and destroys yours as well. It could be considered raising it cost to 5.

You might consider it as the HoN murdering everyone that is sleeping so 'marked', which I don't think is out of the HoN plotting and stuff, whilst SG was more on the magic side, wasn't it?
snowdrop
developer

Post by snowdrop » Thu Jun 27, 2013 18:57

Erundil wrote:The caster does (as with MtG), but there are no targets.

So somerhing like >>

Code: Select all

Discard all your marked creatures.
The reason of this card was to be HoN: it should eliminated (along with Carpe Diem) rather than changed of faction.
I agree it eliminates en masse, but consider that the player would first have to pay for every single creature, then pay again for this card, that just kills every creature that is marked, in order to do something that triggers that some other card, that also costs.

I don't think it is playable in the form you suggested it as a combo with the other card: It takes whatever creatures are on the table and replaces them with ability-less 1/1 creatures. Why would the player want that downgrade of creature ATK/DEF and ability?

It is not such an instant destruction: creatures need to be marked, and destroys yours as well. It could be considered raising it cost to 5.
Ah.. so it also kills the opponents creatures? Then it should be something like:

Code: Select all

All players discard their marked creatures.
In which case it suddenly does make a lot more sense in combo with your other card. But, it also makes it very very overpowered: Let's pretend it costs 6. So? For 6 gold + 1 card slot you can easily kill creatures for at least that sum, waste all enchantements on them, all the tempo lost on their summoning sickness, and also 1 card slot of the opponent for each creature/enchantment wasted that way. Instantly, with a single card.

You also not only kill of the opponents army (nevermind your own, you would never play this when you have an army) but create one of your own. :P

You might consider it as the HoN murdering everyone that is sleeping so 'marked', which I don't think is out of the HoN plotting and stuff, whilst SG was more on the magic side, wasn't it?
That's fluff, and with fluff/lore we can explain (away) anything. Only imagination is the limit. What I was writing about is the mechanics, not how we explain it in a book ;)
Erundil

Post by Erundil » Fri Jun 28, 2013 22:41

Well then put it SG. For the cost, i think 5 - 2 would do, at least for now.