Nirvana Of the Undead + Undead Creature Type

Clemens
Nirvana Of the Undead + Undead Creature Type

Post by Clemens » Fri Nov 11, 2016 19:49

I've noticed that Nirvana of the Undead's second level revives all creatures apart from zombies. But there are some creatures of the type "undead" in the Uneasy Alliance deck. So if Ghoul for example dies I get a creature of the type "undead zombie".
Now my question is: is that intentional, to include all nonrevived creatures in the effect or should the city's effect actually reference undead creatures?
ngoeminne

Re: Nirvana Of the Undead + Undead Creature Type

Post by ngoeminne » Sat Nov 12, 2016 18:01

Hi Clemens
Clemens wrote:I've noticed that Nirvana of the Undead's second level revives all creatures apart from zombies. But there are some creatures of the type "undead" in the Uneasy Alliance deck. So if Ghoul for example dies I get a creature of the type "undead zombie".
Yep, Ghoul now has two types: Undead and zombie
Clemens wrote:Now my question is: is that intentional, to include all nonrevived creatures in the effect or should the city's effect actually reference undead creatures?
eh, could you rephrase that, I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

The Idea of the card's effect is that when a creature dies, it has a second life as a zombie.
However, if it dies again (being a zombie) it is excluded from being returned.

We could go for the 'undead' type as well, but then they would be excluded from being revived in the first place. That would make the card less powerful, but it could work as well. In that case for the uneasy alliance deck Ghoul and Undead Archer wouldn't come back. (but would have the first level's advantage dough).
ngoeminne

Post by ngoeminne » Sat Nov 12, 2016 18:07

Now to come to think of it.

It would be better if using the Undead type instead of the Zombie type, it would be more in line with the card's name, give a direct advantage for the ghoul and undead archer. And would work for the other no-undeads.

If no one objects, I'll change it to Undead instead of zombie.

Thx for the input.
Nico
Clemens

Post by Clemens » Sat Nov 12, 2016 18:21

ngoeminne wrote:
Clemens wrote:Now my question is: is that intentional, to include all nonrevived creatures in the effect or should the city's effect actually reference undead creatures?
eh, could you rephrase that, I'm not entirely sure what you mean.
Don't worry, you answered my question already ;)

But just to be clear, I wanted to know, if the difference between undead creature cards and the zombie creature type on the city is due to balancing reasons (i.e. to include Ghoul and Undead Archer in the effect), or if it is just a mistake.
Because flavorwise I'm really uncomfortable with the idea of an undead Ghoul being revived as an undead zombie Ghoul (especially if the City that brings it back is the "Nirvana of the Undead"). So I really like it more the way you changed it.
ngoeminne

Post by ngoeminne » Sat Nov 12, 2016 18:43

Yep totally agree, it is more in line with everything that way.

Until now we focused on gameplay, rules, and creating the decks (in a general sense),
balancing, theme, ... often we just 'assumed' a card would work this or that way, and agreed to play it like that (whatever the actual phrasing on the card was/is).

It is very very good, that these things are being double checked, and these inconsistencies are getting rid of. Unfortunately, things might still slip the net, and we'll be forced to make an adjustment afterwards. That by itself is not a big issue, since we'll not have 'official' prints anyway, just prints we provide as a convenience.

Kind regards,
Nico