Problems with the card "Abduction"

Alex
Problems with the card "Abduction"

Post by Alex » Sat Apr 14, 2018 02:46

The card Abduction has a few issues.

1. It is an Event, yet contains a ↩ symbol. You would not need to mark an event card, so I suggest removing the symbol.

2. The text says "Move the marked card to a city or the army controlled by its owner." This is problematic because it's not clear whether this means "Move the marked card to a city, or move the marked card to the army controlled by its owner" versus "Move the marked card to a city controlled by its owner, or to the army controlled by its owner." In the former, the targeted card may be moved to a city controlled by an opponent. I suggest changing the text to the latter.
ngoeminne

Re: Problems with the card "Abduction"

Post by ngoeminne » Wed May 02, 2018 19:20

Hey Alex,
Alex wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 02:46
1. It is an Event, yet contains a ↩ symbol. You would not need to mark an event card, so I suggest removing the symbol.
Quite right, and this was already noticed, and fixed in the database.
Alex wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 02:46
2. The text says "Move the marked card to a city or the army controlled by its owner." This is problematic because it's not clear whether this means "Move the marked card to a city, or move the marked card to the army controlled by its owner" versus "Move the marked card to a city controlled by its owner, or to the army controlled by its owner." In the former, the targeted card may be moved to a city controlled by an opponent. I suggest changing the text to the latter.
We had a couple of reviews about it, and decided the phrasing to be clear. Guess not for everybody :-)
The intent is that the marked card is moved to a target city/army. Allowed targets are the ones that belong to card's owner.

So you can move your creature to one of your cities or your army.
Or you can move an oppponent's creature to one of his/her cities or his/her army.

Nobody interpreted it otherwise in the playtesting.

Kind regards,
Nico