Creature Templates: ATK/DEF colours?

Tell us your thoughts on the WTactics aesthetics, but make sure you stay constructive.
Forum rules
Legal: Only post art that is legally yours. By posting you agree that the material you post may be licensed by WTactics using the GPL2 or later license(s) and/or be re-licensed by us to other open source licenses as explained here. Critics: Are welcome, but no artist will revise his/her work, no matter how correct the critics are. Notice that this is an economical issue.
snowdrop
developer
Re: Creature Templates: ATK/DEF colours?

Post by snowdrop » Sun Jul 15, 2012 13:13

http://i.minus.com/i5zsuGQEaPLHo.png

First colour is "based" on frame, second on base....

Also, when seeing the less complex shapes of the SG loyalty symbols I think the previous ones are shit. We'll go with something more inline with the new showed above, but maybe more rounded since they won't work with the logo else...

Thoughts?
Q_x
developer

Post by Q_x » Sun Jul 15, 2012 14:26

Parallelogram look best as loyalty mark. It doesn't need to look rounded to really look good and fit the card. Now it looks like something to look at, you know, to care about. It could work for all factions if you ask me.

Inside/outside coloration seems to be working better than red/green.

So it's both thumbs up for me.
I'm the filthy bastard you wish you never met.
Gallaecio

Post by Gallaecio » Sun Jul 15, 2012 15:09

About the loyalty thing, while I like the parallelogram for the Shadowguild, I do not think they all need to be the same way. Not that I care much, though.

I do think that the attack and defense icons look better when the colours are based in the template, though I would prefer if the ATK always gets the reddish colour, and the DEF the greenish one (inverted in the fourth card).

EDIT: I realized why it was that way (background → DEF, border → ATK), and I guess I am also OK with that.
snowdrop
developer

Post by snowdrop » Sun Jul 15, 2012 19:41

http://i.minus.com/iJ7SVTetZytSa.jpg

3:d skeletons doesn't work: Having the green first and purple second makes it all meld too much. The same can be said about the gaian one.

Outer / inner colours se in that order is probably a bad idea. I agree with the notion that there should be some internal logic other than that. For example, the colour that is warmest and/or most vivid should be the attack if possible.