Bold?

Tell us your thoughts on the WTactics aesthetics, but make sure you stay constructive.
Forum rules
Legal: Only post art that is legally yours. By posting you agree that the material you post may be licensed by WTactics using the GPL2 or later license(s) and/or be re-licensed by us to other open source licenses as explained here. Critics: Are welcome, but no artist will revise his/her work, no matter how correct the critics are. Notice that this is an economical issue.
snowdrop
developer
Bold?

Post by snowdrop » Sun Jul 15, 2012 20:41

http://i.minus.com/i6nXK4qTToRDD.jpg

Bolded or not? Bold will arguably make it easier to spot on table (or will it?), yet maybe it starts to look more childish?
Q_x
developer

Re: Bold?

Post by Q_x » Sun Jul 15, 2012 20:59

This particular font doesn't look nicely when bolded, nor it's well-readable. Unlike when regular. All starts to fight for attention when you make it bold. I'll agree numbers we use may look a bit too thin, but I quite like this subtle charm they have, and it's lost when numbers are bold.
I'm the filthy bastard you wish you never met.
snowdrop
developer

Post by snowdrop » Sun Jul 15, 2012 21:28

Yups... agree it's a font issue as well... I would like something like Georgia but that's open...
Gallaecio

Post by Gallaecio » Sun Jul 15, 2012 21:29

I do think this font in bold might be a bit too much, although without bold it might as well be too thin.

Even so, for some reason I kind of like it that bold for the stats, not so for the gold.