CMYK stuff explained

Tell us your thoughts on the WTactics aesthetics, but make sure you stay constructive.
Forum rules
Legal: Only post art that is legally yours. By posting you agree that the material you post may be licensed by WTactics using the GPL2 or later license(s) and/or be re-licensed by us to other open source licenses as explained here. Critics: Are welcome, but no artist will revise his/her work, no matter how correct the critics are. Notice that this is an economical issue.
Q_x
developer
CMYK stuff explained

Post by Q_x » Mon Oct 24, 2016 13:42

There's a book called The production manual: graphic design handbook, that highlights some of the important features used in printing processes. I think it's very basic and explanatory and it makes very easy to understand what type of medium printed paper is, what features, when applied correctly, will improve quality, what type of workflow is waiting for everybody interested in getting their hands dirty with ordering offset prints etc, etc. It has cover with big, friendly letters, the text is fairly short and there's plenty of colorful illustrations and blank space for your viewing pleasure. It is fairly popular and it was translated into few tongues, just in case you need to know some fresh catchphrases in your native one.

If you happen to find PDF with this book somewhere online, be warned: illustrations will display erratically, not explaining most important aspects of the entire book.

Best wishes folks, I hope it helps.

P.S.
Also, mr. S.B. a.k.a 'never replies mails' and whoever else was involved, congrats for baking saga.li! Thumbs up!

Code: Select all

,   ,   ,   ,             
           , |_,_|_,_|_,_| ,           
       _,-=|;  |,  |,  |,  |;=-_       
     .-_| , | , | , | , | , |  _-.     
     |:  -|:._|___|___|__.|:=-  :|     
     ||*:  :    .     .    :  |*||     
     || |  | *  |  *  |  * |  | ||     
 _.-=|:*|  |    |     |    |  |*:|=-._ 
-    `._:  | *  |  *  |  * |  :_.'    -
 =_      -=:.___:_____|___.: =-     _= 
    - . _ __ ___  ___  ___ __ _ . -    
I'm the filthy bastard you wish you never met.
ngoeminne

Re: CMYK stuff explained

Post by ngoeminne » Mon Oct 31, 2016 09:48

Hi Q_x,

Thanks for the tip, I'll see where I can order a copy of the book. Anything that could improve the prints would be great. Although we still need to prioritize what to do first (finishing cards, artwork), I found that the actually printed cards are quite nice. This is of course mainly due to Santi's amazing artwork.
He's finishing up the last 5 cards of the second pre-constructed deck and we should be able to get it out by the end of next month.

Feel free to rejoin our effort, and if not keep enjoying your hike with Yoda.

Kind regards,
Nico
ngoeminne

Post by ngoeminne » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:47

Hi Q_x,

Is it the one by Gavin Ambrose?

Kind regards,
Nico
Q_x
developer

Post by Q_x » Mon Oct 31, 2016 13:49

Yup, Gavin Ambrose and Paul Harris. With a bit of luck there can be a copy in a library somewhere, this is really basic stuff in this book.

Thanks for inviting me back, though I think I'll need more of the peripatetic therapy before joining any team TBH.

The estimation sounds like something is going to happen! You see now what I was writing about, we've been all wrong, and I'm really happy with the turn of events and the takeover. Fingers crossed, congrats and I'll do my best to drop a line here on forums after I play it a good bit!

Best wishes!
ngoeminne

Post by ngoeminne » Mon Oct 31, 2016 16:39

Hi Q_x,

Well 'something' has already happened, a lot of work and effort has been done these last months.
Don't expect a big announcement, pr campaign, or anything, but as Santi's finishing up the last artwork, there will be a playable game using the ARC Rules. These will be printed and we'll provide a nice box to keep them in, and I'll be happy to distribute them to whoever wants a set.

The prints will be semi-professional, meaning, they are better than any of the commercial card games,
but far less than actual photo prints. That will have to do for now.

That's about it.

Feel free to poke around our card/deck db has the cards (Uneasy Alliance & Gaian love for life) are the cards that are ready. We also have some pictures of the prints on the wiki (although I'm a lousy photographer).

Kind regards,
Nico
Q_x
developer

Post by Q_x » Mon Oct 31, 2016 20:48

Nico,

Gosh, I know how much blood is involved and how bumpy a ride like this can be. I'm really happy to see you're rolling unaffected by whatever it was that used to bog the project. With things happening, when there's any release in FLOSS world, I think it's best to ring the damn bell as loud as possible. People will decide if they're interested or not, but first they just have to know about it.

As said, I'm staying away, I feel like any involvement will only hold you back. Even when there are errors, any so-called 'good advice' will swamp you. It's not the time to throw sticks in between your spokes. I will do my best to write a honest review after some testing.

Cheers!