HoN alternative creature template

Tell us your thoughts on the WTactics aesthetics, but make sure you stay constructive.
Forum rules
Legal: Only post art that is legally yours. By posting you agree that the material you post may be licensed by WTactics using the GPL2 or later license(s) and/or be re-licensed by us to other open source licenses as explained here. Critics: Are welcome, but no artist will revise his/her work, no matter how correct the critics are. Notice that this is an economical issue.
ngoeminne
HoN alternative creature template

Post by ngoeminne » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:04

Hi folks,

For the HoN templates in the card db, I started from the re-colering provided by Matt (a long long time ago). However only an event-template was available, so I had some work in front of me.

Since I'd like to support Clemens new deck, its time to get the HoN templates up to pair with the others (Gaian, Dark Legion, Red Banner).

A first attempt was already made a couple of months ago, and the event template was good enough, however I felt that the creature template wasn't. Especially I had issues with the background.

The aims of the background are to keep them in line with the others:
- darker
- support of the yellowish text
- identifyable as blue HoN

I tried a grayish/silver background but wasn't happy about it, so I set out to do it again.
I opted for a darker blueish background, and in my opinion it works out better.

Feel free to have a look at the hon crearture cards in our card db.

If there aren't any big objections, I'll go for that template.
Kind regards,
Nico
Peter

Re: HoN alternative creature template

Post by Peter » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:33

Looks very beautiful. Even has a "marble" or "granite" effect.
Kind regards and happy coding :)
ngoeminne

Re: HoN alternative creature template

Post by ngoeminne » Sat Nov 19, 2016 14:17

Hi Peter,
Peter wrote:Looks very beautiful. Even has a "marble" or "granite" effect.
Thx :-) they do look better this time :-)

Anyway, just wanted something better for Clemens deck. The same goes for the empire templates,
as I'll start on an empires deck as well.

Kind regards,
Nico