Manifesto proposal

Anything related to dev. & that doesn't fit in below categories.
Q_x
developer
Manifesto proposal

Post by Q_x » Wed Jun 01, 2011 07:32

Promised short stuff.
I would like to end up with something that is at most 2 x longer. Just to motivate and encourage new people to help us.
http://chaosrealm.net/wtactics/wiki/ind ... #Manifesto
I'm the filthy bastard you wish you never met.
aspidites

Re: Manifesto proposal

Post by aspidites » Wed Jun 01, 2011 20:54

I just got of work, so my reply might seem a bit blunt or curt. My apologies ahead of time.

That said, some of the draft seems a bit redundant, and I'm not sure as to how 'professional' it reads (for lack of better word)

That said, I'm sure much of the current design document could be used as a manifesto, being that it goes into great detail about some of the things that you hint about in that short paragraph. As such, perhaps a better strategy would be to adapt portions of that to the manifesto and label it as such?

Eg

Design Document
Manifesto
Some Other Section
etc.
Ravenchild
developer

Post by Ravenchild » Thu Jun 02, 2011 18:36

You don't even mention that it's a collecting card game. Just "card game" sounds weird and most people will have no clue what you are talking about.

And to be honest, I just don't like it. It's too loud and just too much rage. You should rather emphasize the possibilities that people have, when they join the project instead of the problems that proprietary products create. Be positive, and don't exaggerate. While I hope WTactics will indeed be exceptional, we are not yet in a position to be certain of it.

And it's silly to talk about rebels in this case. We have no enemy to fight. We have a creative challenge to pass. That's different.
Q_x
developer

Post by Q_x » Thu Jun 02, 2011 19:10

I guess it was bad idea right from the beginning...
I'm the filthy bastard you wish you never met.