What table would you use for playing?

Anything related to dev. & that doesn't fit in below categories.
Q_x
developer
What table would you use for playing?

Post by Q_x » Tue Jun 07, 2011 13:26

It's interesting how real-life influences our hobby. With curiosity I'm watching parallel discussion about kingdom and reorganizing our table (table is in-game concept in this sentence).
So I would like to ask you - if you would play - what table it would be on? I mean both real-life furniture and virtual screen dimensions - all that would make a solid base under what we try to work out in terms of table (in-game) layout and size.
In case of non-metric units, here is a quick tip: 1 ft is roughly 30 cm

My bets would be:
150x77 cm has table in my room, in the shape similar to classic guitar (or "8"). it is usually cluttered, so one round part is used for this handy cruft, and the other is our workbench here - clean if unused.

50x70cm is our smallest table, currently being eaten by some strange bugs in the basement. With that size I would clean it completely and use it for drinks and cards only and play in the way that divides it into 35x50 space for each player, rather than 70x25. The table is the most useless piece of junk I carry along with me every time we move, without any reason.

20x35 cm is roughly the size of a table on a train here. I think I can print the cards in half the size for such gaming circumstances, making it effectively 40x70cm.

I was thinking about preparing two pieces of a4/letter size substrate/table-like thing with slots for card made out of scotch or duct tape. Alternatively I can take 55cm wide sleeping foam pad every time I would like to play in unusual circumstances - like without table at all. that gives 55 (x180) cm outdoors and 30x40 cm indoors - on a bus or in the car.
Other than that - 1400x1050 display on my laptop.

Promised template changes - coming, coming, I'm just soo lazy, sleepy, and we have some strawberries here yet uneaten XD

Edit: commited 100th changeset to our launchpad repo!
I'm the filthy bastard you wish you never met.