Ishara's gccg adventures

Anything related to dev. & that doesn't fit in below categories.
IsharaComix
Ishara's gccg adventures

Post by IsharaComix » Sat Nov 19, 2011 23:24

So I've been working my tail off these past few days getting a WT module ported to gccg. Here are my accomplishments thus far:

I've made it possible to install WT using the official gccg client. Instructions on how to use it are on the wiki.

The gccg team is also hosting our module, so wtactics.org will host the most recent version, while gccg can host an old-but-stable version.

All we need are the pngs of the current cards that we're going to playtest with, and then cool things will happen. I'm not good at writing reports like these, so ask me questions and I can flesh out more of what I've done. You can also provide ideas about how I should add scripting to gccg so I can keep it in mind.

-----
EDIT: I've also set up a GitHub project for our module. I encourage playtesters to fork the repository in order to make it easy to change cards around and prepare new module revisions!
snowdrop
developer

Re: Ishara's gccg adventures

Post by snowdrop » Mon Nov 21, 2011 16:53

Great work.

What needs fixing before we can be happy with it is, at the top of my head:

1. Non-fuzzy image display by gCCG.
FIXED, you wrote a patch. Hopefully that's compilable ;)

2. Scripting specific stuff
- Keep the "tap" from the MtG module. Rename it to "Mark".
- Also create a new that puts the card in a 180, called "Assign".
- Upon beginning of turn all marked cards should auto-unmark. Assigned cards should remain assigned.
- Each player should have 2 score-keeping thingies: One for influence, preset to 20 when game starts. Other is for Victorypoints, prset to 0 when game starts.
- One additional deck called "Quests" on table.

3. Changing resolution to something more 2011 than the 1024x768.
We that actually want to playtest the thing should check out which resoutiiosn we will use when playtesting. Then we should rebuild gccg for that instead of the low crap. Also apply the non-fuzz patch in that.
snowdrop
developer

Re: Ishara's gccg adventures

Post by snowdrop » Thu Dec 29, 2011 09:25

Ish, post updates here when there are some.