Arc: Second deck preview.

Anything related to dev. & that doesn't fit in below categories.
ngoeminne
Arc: Second deck preview.

Post by ngoeminne » Mon May 02, 2016 12:36

Hey all,

A second deck for the ARC is ready for preview. It's called "Gaian love for life".
It's a single faction defensive Gaian deck. Themed around nature,birds, trees and flowers. The main idea is that flowers en trees start out small and grow (become stronger) during the game. There is some card interaction as well. It features a few elves and a few humans. Again I aimed to let each creature card have some special ability.

I'd like to judge the cards strength cost balance on a general level based on the two preview decks. Not on a card by card basis. It should somewhat follow our cost calculation routine, but I also like to have some key cards that are a little bit overpowered, as that makes people like some cards better then others and may start building decks around it. Keep MTG in the back of your head for cost evaluation but add 1 or even 2.

All suggestions and remarks are welcome.

Kind regards,
Nico
Peter

Re: Arc: Second deck preview.

Post by Peter » Mon May 02, 2016 18:56

Inflatable -> So Gaia really is Magic-green! Not white. But that's not a problem. Just to get that straight.

So Empire would be white? Or maybe we try to do something which differs from MtG.

Anyway, before I forget: Great work. Can't wait to test the decks.
Kind regards and happy coding :)
ngoeminne

Post by ngoeminne » Mon May 02, 2016 20:39

Hey Peter,

This deck should be more to your liking since it is a single faction deck.
Gaian is in my mind a combination of mtg's green and white abilities, healing, defensive, from white, nature, growing from green. The deck only features small creatures but they can grow. I also found that flowers and trees should be peaceful (I used this keyword instead of defender).

It features more magic spells as well.

Have fun reading the cards.
Nico
Peter

Post by Peter » Mon May 02, 2016 20:59

ngoeminne wrote:This deck should be more to your liking since it is a single faction deck.
Yup, as I said, excellent work. I appreciate the single-faction-deck!
Kind regards and happy coding :)
ngoeminne

Post by ngoeminne » Thu May 12, 2016 17:48

Hi all,

For those who are interested, I started adding Santi's artwork (and also some of BfW) to the two preview decks. I'd try to match up as good as possible, but some are a bit far fetched, and I'd like to see other artwork for them.

If you download the deck zips, there will be a single pdf in there. Each page is a print-ready card with 2mm cutting margins, the last page is the back. With Adobe reader you can easily print multiple page (9) on a single A4 sheet, if you want to DIY print & cut.

From the two deck 25 cards are still missing artwork.

Happy playtesting,
Nico