Progress on project's rebirth.

Anything related to dev. & that doesn't fit in below categories.
ngoeminne
Progress on project's rebirth.

Post by ngoeminne » Mon May 02, 2016 13:11

Hey all,

So, we've done the ground work to some extent. The site and wiki have been cleaned. All dead legacy stuff has been removed from GitHub. Art and other resources have been gathered. A new card db and generation tool have been build. Some new templates have been created.

People have been more active on the forum. Both old timers as newcomers are (re)joining.
Our artist has created a new artwork and is busy with a new one.

And finally even more important there are our three rule sets that are playable.
And for the ARC there are two decks for preview.

Much of the recent work and progress are done by xarn, snowdrop and me with some good input of Peter, Knitter, Matt and Ravenchild. I'd like to thank everyone for their efforts, and hope we can keep up the good work.

Of course there's much more to do, but I believe we're on track for our December milestone.
There are some areas where we (I) could some help.

If you've read my intro, you'll know that I'm having a very mild form of dyslexia and languages, spelling and grammar aren't things I excel at. So I'm looking for an (native) card editor and a quality assurance person. I realise this isn't a fun job, but I'd be grateful If someone or multiple persons could contribute in this way.

Keep tuned, progress is on the way,
Nico
snowdrop
developer

Re: Progress on project's rebirth.

Post by snowdrop » Mon May 02, 2016 18:40

+1.. Good write-up.
Lynxx

Post by Lynxx » Tue May 03, 2016 00:52

Sorry for the dumb post I haven't been keeping up but what are the 3 rules mentioned in the OP?
ngoeminne

Post by ngoeminne » Tue May 03, 2016 10:06

Hey Lynxx,

We have three entire rule sets. (Not just three rules)

The Original Rules Concept (ORC), the Awesome Rules Concept (ARC) and the Very Simple Rules (VSR).
The ORC and ARC offer complex gameplay, tactics and are on our wiki. The VSR offers a more straightforward gameplay, but it might prove just as fun. It is on xarn's GitHub.

For the ARC there are two preview decks available with some cards that could double in the other rule sets as well. They are dubbed "Uneasy Alliance" which is a Red Banner/Dark Legion multi faction deck. And "Gaian Love for Life" which is a single faction deck. They are ment to show off the different card types, the resource system in ARC, the card interactions, some possible gameplays, the theme and lore of the factions, and will be used to figure out the strength cost balance in the context of the ARC.

Just for the fun of it, I'm working on a House of Nobles deck too, but that proves to be a much harder job.

I'm planning to start play testing with some friends somewhere in the next two weeks.

Kind regards
Nico