'Uneasy Alliance' vs 'Gaian Love for Life' who should win?

Anything related to dev. & that doesn't fit in below categories.
ngoeminne
'Uneasy Alliance' vs 'Gaian Love for Life' who should win?

Post by ngoeminne » Sun May 29, 2016 10:49

Hey folks,

I've been trying to balance out the two decks in prep of the new play test round this afternoon/evening. I had the slight feeling the Gaian deck was in disadvantage, with its small 1/1 creatures that can easily be killed off by the undead archer. Also the combination 'Abudction' + 'Shadow in the dark' was very strong. In addition the direct damage of deadly shock could kill off creatures fast.

The Gaian deck was designed to be defensive, but didn't have any direct way to take out any creature, so I changed the 'Grassroots' into an enchantment that ties down a creature. I made the elvish ambush a bit stronger by removing the 'move' condition before it could damage a creature.

In the upcoming play test round, we'll test the following (city) rules:
- the three cities start in play marked, you may unmark one city per turn
- creatures must be cast to cities (not directly to the army) (entrance phase is removed as well)
- movement is not limited to 1 per turn, but a city may only be once the source or destination per turn,
- Player life point starts on 20, target victory win 15 points.
- When an attack run on an Army has unblocked creatures, you gain 1 VP per unblocked creature (and not the damage amount)

In we'll be using a new visualization system for the different factions resource reserves.
(rules didn't change, just the way it's shown on the table).

- So when you put down a resource card (face down) for a given faction you put in one pile, next you take a gem/counter for that faction, (green gem for gaian) and put it next to the faction's resource pile.
- When you pay a cost, you move the gem onto the pile, and during your unmark phase you move all the gems of the pile next to it.

It saves up a lot of space (with two card slots on the table you can have +20 resurces), and marking/unmarking becomes fast, and visually it looks way better.
You also directly see how much has been payed and what resources are left. Huge fan.

I hope with these additions the decks will compete better, and we'll have a better gameplay.

So check out the small changes to the cards and place your bets!
What's the strongest deck, and who should win?

Kind regards,
Nico
snowdrop
developer

Re: 'Uneasy Alliance' vs 'Gaian Love for Life' who should wi

Post by snowdrop » Sun May 29, 2016 20:57

- movement is not limited to 1 per turn, but a city may only be once the source or destination per turn,
Interesting, could be great..

- When an attack run on an Army has unblocked creatures, you gain 1 VP per unblocked creature (and not the damage amount)
Doesn't that rule favor weenie decks and spamming creataures vs expensive huge creatures?
ngoeminne

Re: 'Uneasy Alliance' vs 'Gaian Love for Life' who should wi

Post by ngoeminne » Mon May 30, 2016 19:29

Hey snowdrop
Doesn't that rule favor weenie decks and spamming creataures vs expensive huge creatures?
Good point, maybe one VP when there is an unblocked creature. Not per creature.

Thanks for the input.