Invasion (Quest)

Anything related to dev. & that doesn't fit in below categories.
snowdrop
developer
Invasion (Quest)

Post by snowdrop » Sun Jul 25, 2010 21:59

Code: Select all

Invasion (Quest)
Cost: 0 Image:0 Gold.png

Text: At the end of the turn, if you control more creatures than your opponent put a quest counter on ~, otherwise remove a counter. When there are 6 or more quest counters on ~, you win the game.

Notes: Another Quest idea - values will probably change.

Creator: Luther

Artwork: I'm picturing a horde of Goblinoids.

Version: 0.1 
I'd opt for making it somewhat harder before throwing it into the playtesting: Instead of "At end of turn" I would argue it should be "at end of round". It makes it somewhat more of a challange, but brings more strategy to it since there's also initiative in the game.

Concerning the number of turns, 6, it could be a pretty good pick. I wouldn't lower it, and if I'd go higher I would only go with 7 instead. Typically a playtest-thingie and almost impossible to foresee that level of detail when creating new cards. :)

What I am worried about is how this card would ever be handled by players with slow decks and mostly expensive creatures in them - they would most likely never have more creatures in play than a weenie deck. So what would they do? Would 6 rounds be enough to stomp the weenie player to death before he spams out creatures for the 6:th time and wins? I don't think it is, not with the current attack system for the ORC found in the Wiki. (A weenie deck has no problems blocking and sacrificing small creatures, also spamming new all the time and getting Quest Points (QP) even if the player only blocks, dies and spams new weenies. That is a problem.)

My suggestion is to add something to the card that actually sees to it that QP:s can be removed by the opponent... *thinking*