New Dark Legion Arc deck: Annoyed

Anything related to dev. & that doesn't fit in below categories.
Post Reply
ngoeminne
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 15:34

New Dark Legion Arc deck: Annoyed

Post by ngoeminne » Tue Dec 06, 2016 14:14

Hi folks,

In contrast to what the title says I'm not annoyed :-)

But there's a new all Dark Legion deck draft called "Annoyed".
It's a discard deck.

Feel free to have a look and playtest.

http://wtactics.westeurope.cloudapp.azu ... 89659bc91d

Kind regards,
Nico
User avatar
snowdrop
developer
Posts: 794
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 15:25
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Annoyed

Post by snowdrop » Tue Dec 06, 2016 17:39

Abduction Syntax suggests "mark me: this happens", which can't be the case with anything that isnt a permanent, i think. Good card though. =)

All Hope is Lost Like it.


Bugger from The Beyond I think this unintentionally sounds like "booger", which is unfortunate. I'd change name. Also, it's OP.


Bugger Imp Whats the pricing baseline? Here you get 2 abiltiies on a 1/1 for 2 gold. Two good abilities even, and zero drawback. I'd make it 3 gold OR kill one of the abilities. Then again, I see that you do have a different baseline, since you are consistent here with the cost for Bugger Spector...


Dead Men's Town Seems strong, dunno...interesting to see in action.

Fear of the Dark Nice protection variant. =)

Fearless Assault Unless you want SG to be "quick and surprising" I'd go with 4 gold for it. In MtG balck is usually a semi-slow machine, in general.

Out of Nowhere Honor Mtg - go with a name like "Dark Tutor" or sometrhing ; )

Shadow in the Dark The ability to move in op. city seems like a game changer. I'm not sure I would have that as possible at all in a game. Adds plenty of layers, probably more of complexity than true depth, eventually if explored and used throughout arc, and if it isnt, then it shouldnt exist at all.


Overall, yeah, discard deck =) A nice one.
ngoeminne
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 15:34

Re: Annoyed

Post by ngoeminne » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:25

Hi snowdrop,

thx for the feedback
snowdrop wrote:Abduction Syntax suggests "mark me: this happens", which can't be the case with anything that isnt a permanent, i think. Good card though. =)
You are right, it was one of the first cards ever for the ARC and the mark symbol should not be there. It was nice aesthetically dough. It's a good card in combo with e.g. "Shadow in the dark"
snowdrop wrote:Bugger from The Beyond I think this unintentionally sounds like "booger", which is unfortunate. I'd change name. Also, it's OP.
Ah, "Bugger" is slang and fits well in the theme of the deck see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bugger. It might be overpowered but I'd like to try out its mechanics. We'll see during play test.
snowdrop wrote:Bugger Imp Whats the pricing baseline? Here you get 2 abiltiies on a 1/1 for 2 gold. Two good abilities even, and zero drawback. I'd make it 3 gold OR kill one of the abilities. Then again, I see that you do have a different baseline, since you are consistent here with the cost for Bugger Spector...
I took the baseline of the Bugger Spector (Homage to MTG;-) ) So it is kind of consistent. Also with the ARC two cards draw, I wanted the discards cards to be a little stronger/quicker to play. Again, we'll have to playtest that.
snowdrop wrote:Dead Men's Town Seems strong, dunno...interesting to see in action.
Maybe, but you need some creatures to uphold it, maybe it should say 'discards a card' instead of draw.
snowdrop wrote:Out of Nowhere Honor Mtg - go with a name like "Dark Tutor" or sometrhing ; )
I was thinking the same here :-)
snowdrop wrote:Shadow in the Dark The ability to move in op. city seems like a game changer. I'm not sure I would have that as possible at all in a game. Adds plenty of layers, probably more of complexity than true depth, eventually if explored and used throughout arc, and if it isnt, then it shouldnt exist at all.
The Shadow in the Dark was already in the Uneasy Alliance deck, and it is one of the cards that makes the play very fun. He draws fire to himself, and if moved to an opponent city, you actually see other creatures flee. It works really really well in terms of gameplay, fun, and tactics. Its one of these cards that get those special statuses, like the famous "Royal Assassin".
User avatar
snowdrop
developer
Posts: 794
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 15:25
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: New Dark Legion Arc deck: Annoyed

Post by snowdrop » Wed Dec 07, 2016 17:37

Also with the ARC two cards draw, I wanted the discards cards to be a little stronger/quicker to play. Again, we'll have to playtest that.
Ah, yeah, you have a point with the drawing tempo. I didn't think of that.. = P
Post Reply