Rounded corners: review of the warrior cutter

Anything related to dev. & that doesn't fit in below categories.
ngoeminne
Rounded corners: review of the warrior cutter

Post by ngoeminne » Mon Jul 30, 2018 18:53

He folks,

I've got myself the german made Warrior Manual Round Corner Cutter, just to see if I'd be able to make nice rounded corners.

The default blade is 6mm, but I could order a three piece set with 3mm, 6mm and 10mm blades. After installing the 3mm blade, and a little fiddling with the alignment guides, I was able to cut very nice rounded corners :-)

The documentation says it could cut about 100 sheets, but with our 300 gram satin paper it is about 30 cards at once, and you have to do it for the 4 corners. The good thing is that you don't have to apply any pressure, it cuts very fine trough all sheets except for the last card in the stack. (Knowing this I'll add a dummy blanco card, and I got plenty of them for free).

The anvil is made of a small round plastic thingy, and they suggest to rotate it after every cut to extend the duration. They added about 10 extra of these.

All in all I'm pretty happy with this thing and it is reasonable priced at 126 euro for the cutter, blades and shipment to belgium.

So, forget me being against round corners (for the practical perspective).

In an other update: Santi has delivered some more artwork for the Brothers in Arms deck. Check out the 'Mounted Eagle' and 'The Seat of the Throne'. He's also doing some more random stuff for snowdrop.

So about 5 more to go. If I can convince Pistos to do some more editorial work on the last three decks, we're on track for a december release of a nice 6 decks-box

Kind regards,
Nico