Arcmage status update

Anything related to dev. & that doesn't fit in below categories.
ngoeminne
Arcmage status update

Post by ngoeminne » Wed Aug 08, 2018 18:59

Hi folks,

We've seen a good deal of progress in the last couple of months, here are the highlights.

- wtacticts artwork moved to CC BY SA 4 (dual licesned with gplv3)
- lots of old and new artwork previously laying around in some forgotten folders/disks have been made available on our github artwork repo
- arcmage itself has been move to CC BY SA 4

Status of the rebirth set completion:
- Gaian love for life (artwork 100%, card text 100%, editorial 100%)
- Uneasy Alliance (artwork 100%, card text 100%, editorial 100%)
- The Uprising (artwork 100%, card text 100%, editorial 100%)
- Toll of time (artwork 100%, card text 100%, editorial 0%)
- Shadow League (artwork 100%, card text 100%, editorial 0%)
- Brothers in arms (artwork 80%, card text 60%, editorial 0%)

Be sure to check out all the new artwork in the uprising, toll of time, shadow league and bia!

In addition to those decks, I'd like to have a small series of side cards that can go in the rebirth set, e.g. a few with Louis' development cards idea. And some others (5 to 10 max). Anyone interested in helping out on those cards?

With the new card back ready, we'd only have to decide on the cities renewed templates (if need be).

Meanwhile I've been asking a lot of editorial work from Pistos. Maybe Denshi, Alex, Clemens, Louis could join the effort? We could divide the remainder of the cards, say two persons by deck (Toll of time, Shadow League, Brother in arms), then It should be doable, no?

My goal would be to have an now batch printed of all decks by end of September and mail them to you.
That is if Santi's able to deliver the last four missing pieces.

Kind regards, and let me know if you'd like to take up some editorial work ;-)
Nico
davidmfinol

Re: Arcmage status update

Post by davidmfinol » Wed Sep 05, 2018 07:04

Hey Nico,

I'd like to help out with editing.
Any suggestions on where I should start?

Regards,
David
ngoeminne

Re: Arcmage status update

Post by ngoeminne » Thu Sep 06, 2018 20:37

Hi David,

Thanks for the offer, I think most of the decks are now done/ready in terms of editing as Pistos went trough the last deck. However an extra pair of eyes are always useful, especially when the phrasing doesn't result in semantically clear rules. For each card we've got intended mechanics, and phrasing, and we hope they match.

So instead of doing a grammar/layout check I'd appreciate if you read the cards carefully and report any ambiguous card text in our cards thread.

If you do want to check the layout I suggest you read our card style guid on the wiki
https://arcmage.org/wiki/index.php?titl ... ards_Guide

At last as of next week Marieke will do a final review before they go to print. We're waiting for Santi to do the last two pieces. I expect them to arrive somewhere the next three weeks. We'll see.

Kind regards,
Nico