Acts of Valor (Quest)

Anything related to dev. & that doesn't fit in below categories.
snowdrop
developer
Acts of Valor (Quest)

Post by snowdrop » Sun Jul 25, 2010 22:14

Code: Select all

Acts of Valour (Quest)
Cost: 0 Image:0 Gold.png

Text: Whenever a creature you control defeats another creature in combat, place a quest counter on ~. When there are 3 or more quest counters on ~, send it to Oblivion and add 4 gold to your coffers.

Notes: This is a preliminary pitch for Quest card idea - I will probably follow the theme of counters and will add more in the next few days as they come to me.

Creator: Luther

Artwork: I'm picturing a knight praying at an altar.

Version: 0.1 
Thematically "valour" isn't the right word for a 10/10 creature winning over a 1/1 ;) Not that theme matters at this stage, but I think it might be an idea to add a twist to it and to also make the reward somewhat bigger:

Code: Select all

Acts of Valour (Quest)
Cost: 0 

Text: Whenever a creature you control defeats another creature in combat that costs equal or less gold as your creature, place a quest point on ~.

3 or more QP:s on ~: Send it to Oblivion & get 6 more gold your next turn.

Notes: This is a preliminary pitch for Quest card idea - I will probably follow the theme of counters and will add more in the next few days as they come to me.
I skipped out on the "when there are..." before "3 or more" as I think we maybe could have a standardized and short syntax, like the one I suggest? for all Quest cards, at least if I understood your intention correct and that all Quest cards would use quest points. If so, then something could happen if something else has already happened (IF condition x y z is met: DO this...) I believe it would be a little clearer the way I suggest it.

This also has an implication: Quests can be "cashed" in whenever and IF the player wants to, granted he/she actually met all their criteria.

Would that work? I think so, and it could also be used as a diff compared to other card types that are more commonly of if x happens then y MUST happen. But I'm not sure at all about this and don't have a strong opinion in either way really...