[playtest] Elvish Sharpshooter

Anything related to dev. & that doesn't fit in below categories.
snowdrop
developer
Re: [playtest] Elvish Sharpshooter

Post by snowdrop » Tue Nov 23, 2010 09:17

Q_x wrote:snowdrop: you have 2/3 creature with ranged attack that, even when not blocked, will not harm a player. And you want 4 for that? /../
Maybe I misunderstood the second ability.
Yups: It's second ability says that the creature can choose its target. It can choose to attack player (meaning, normal attack, as all creatures do since its an indirect attack system) OR it can choose to attack a specific creature. It's a pretty powerful ability given it's a 2/3 and would potentially be able to snipe off plenty of units with that ability... this card really means trouble for an opponent that cant somehow neutralize it quickly...
pennomi
developer

Re: [playtest] Elvish Sharpshooter

Post by pennomi » Tue Nov 23, 2010 14:41

Q_x wrote:snowdrop: you have 2/3 creature with ranged attack that, even when not blocked, will not harm a player. And you want 4 for that? There are better and cheaper cards already proposed, starting with Elvish Marksman.
Maybe I misunderstood the second ability.
You can choose whether you want to attack a player as normal, or to attack a creature instead. This is good if you want to eliminate a pesky creature with a nasty effect. Also, I can see it used to stop a certain creature from blocking your other units, as it is already in combat with the Sharpshooter.