ghosthand: Hey all

Say hi to the others - post an informative presentation of yourself. Follow these instructions.
Forum rules
Every presentation should be it's own separate thread. Each person is entitled to only one presentation. Follow these instructions.
ghosthand
ghosthand: Hey all

Post by ghosthand » Thu Jan 20, 2011 01:57

So for the last few days I've been going through the wiki and the rest of the site, and i have to say: I'm very impressed with the amount of pre-production/planning that's been going on. And the game is looking great so far.

I would love to help with artwork and documentation. I use inkscape, krita, and the gimp everyday. Also, i've done doc work on inkscape, gimp, synfig, among others.

So I don't know if you're at the stage now where either artwork or docs are needed. If so, let me know.

Thanks,
Chris
Ravenchild
developer

Re: Hey all

Post by Ravenchild » Thu Jan 20, 2011 08:24

Welcome to the project :)

We certainly have a use for more artwork. Would you like to create images that are displayed on the cards themselves or are you rather interested in designing other things?
Q_x
developer

Post by Q_x » Thu Jan 20, 2011 08:48

Hi Chris!

There is plenty of things for artists here. There is plenty of stuff in general. Pop up on IRC, and we'll keep you busy for a longer time.
Do you have any portfolio? Can we watch your works somewhere online?

Cheers,
Luke
I'm the filthy bastard you wish you never met.
snowdrop
developer

Post by snowdrop » Thu Jan 20, 2011 09:01

ghosthand wrote:So for the last few days I've been going through the wiki and the rest of the site, and i have to say: I'm very impressed with the amount of pre-production/planning that's been going on. And the game is looking great so far.
Thanks. We're not where we will be but it's slowly shaping up. Things take immense amounts of time, yet progress is stable even if we creep. Think it has it's advantages as well to not rush into things blindly and let them mature for a while. :P
I would love to help with artwork and documentation. I use inkscape, krita, and the gimp everyday. Also, i've done doc work on inkscape, gimp, synfig, among others.
We need help with both:

art
When it comes to artwork though it is imperative that whatever is produced is inline - both style and quality - with what we have. If it's not, then it's not usable, at least not by us. This can't be written enough times as we've had all kinds of unmatching or low quality suggestions and material sent to us even by semi-pro artists. This is maybe especially true if you'd want to contribute with card art, as that is what demands most skills.

When it comes to other art work, such as designing good faction logos etc, a somewhat different set of skills and knowledge is required: We'd want it all to be in SVG, and preferably but not necessarily Inkscape.

docs
Although we slowly begin to fill our wiki there is a lot that's not in place and/or needs cleaning up or improvement. (E.g. proofreading and correcting content of Gaian & Red banner baclground stories). Is English your native tongue? And what kind of docs are you mainly interested in working with?

references
No matter what kind of artwork you want to help with we'd need to see samples of your previous work to get a feel of your capabilities. Would you mind posting direct links to some things you've done, both graphically and text? It will help us to find a suitable task that you're more likely to enjoy and it would benefit the project more if you did what you know best. :)
Knitter
developer

Post by Knitter » Thu Jan 20, 2011 18:05

Hi and welcome aboard!

I'm also really new here but I can tell you people are friendly and there is a lot of tasks to complete if you want :)

Regards,

Knitter
Rejoice! For very bad things are about to happen.
pennomi
developer

Post by pennomi » Thu Jan 20, 2011 18:32

Hi Chris!

Welcome aboard! We're thrilled that you think our project is doing well. We all put a lot of time, effort and love into it. You'll find that things are always busy around here, whether it's with coding, art, rules design or whatever else. If you can catch us on IRC, you'll find things are moving forward steadily.

Again, welcome!
-Thane
TorbenBeta

Post by TorbenBeta » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:00

Hello from me as well.