Sweep

Say hi to the others - post an informative presentation of yourself. Follow these instructions.
Forum rules
Every presentation should be it's own separate thread. Each person is entitled to only one presentation. Follow these instructions.
sweep
developer
Sweep

Post by sweep » Wed May 04, 2011 09:23

Hi all. I'm Sweep.

Why I joined: I love to play games (especially strategy card games) and to design them.

My background:

(1) Games - I've played games fairly intensively for over ten years now. Computer games were a big thing for me for a while, but over time I've come to focus more on roleplaying and strategy card games. I also like miniature-based war games, but ultimately found them too expensive and time consuming to be worth the effort. I usually modify the rules of whatever roleplaying game I run fairly heavily, with a view to making it more tactical/strategic, more intuitive, and of course more enjoyable. I've also played Magic: The Gathering for over ten years (and quite seriously for about four). The recent Great Designer Search 2 run by Wizards of the Coast inspired me and a friend to design a set of our own M:TG cards, but in the process of doing this I stumbled upon the WTactics project... and here I am.

(2) Professional - I've completed a university degree in which I suppose you'd describe my main focus as language (mostly Latin, and therefore English, with a bit of Ancient Greek and Anglo-Saxon thrown in), though I've also studied quite a bit of history (largely ancient, some medieval) and philosophy. I currently work full time in university administration and am taking a course in literature just for fun.

What I hope to do: A few things. I'd very much like to help with copy-editing, which, perverse as this may sound, I rather enjoy. On a more exciting note, I'd also love to help with the development of rules, cards and the setting background. I and a group of friends have actually already done a bit of playtesting ourselves, and we are amassing a bunch of ideas, at present scattered throughout random emails and bits of paper, some of which I hope to collate and make reasonably presentable to you reasonably soon.
Ravenchild
developer

Re: Sweep

Post by Ravenchild » Fri May 06, 2011 19:49

Sorry for the late answer. I suppose we all have been busy.

It's nice to hear that you are a creative mind and like to modify and improve rules/cards. That's something we definitely need. And it's cool to hear that you are from another continent. All of us are either from the US or from Europe so far.
(2) Professional - I've completed a university degree in which I suppose you'd describe my main focus as language (mostly Latin, and therefore English, with a bit of Ancient Greek and Anglo-Saxon thrown in),
That's great! We have our own IRC channel #wtactics@freenode.net and if we are not discussing WTactics-related stuff we usually talk about languages there. So you are warmly invited to join us. But given your timezone you probably won't see much of us europeans there. But let's see how things turn out :ugeek:

So I am interested in your ideas and proposals! Feel free to create a new thread and we can discuss your suggestions.
Q_x
developer

Post by Q_x » Sat May 07, 2011 20:42

Gosh, I'm late as well.
Busy as hell, nothing gets done on time...

Anyway...

Hi :)
I hope you're still with us.
We are alive and kicking. There is plenty of stuff to do. Immerse carefully if you'd like to start helping with game development - game design document is the right place to start, and ORC just after that.

Try to catch us on IRC, usually there is someone there, and you have 50% chances to actually meet us in the daytime (I think your late evening is our lunch time).

I'll do my best to find RSS channel with all the posts here, so that similar situation will not happen again.

Cheers,
Luke
I'm the filthy bastard you wish you never met.
snowdrop
developer

Post by snowdrop » Sat May 14, 2011 22:22

*hugs sweep and does the male-to-male-bonding pounding on shoulder*