Yulia

Say hi to the others - post an informative presentation of yourself. Follow these instructions.
Forum rules
Every presentation should be it's own separate thread. Each person is entitled to only one presentation. Follow these instructions.
Yulia
Yulia

Post by Yulia » Wed Sep 08, 2010 21:11

Well hello! :D

Uhm..
Well let's start easy, my name is Yulia, and I'm here to help building this world i hope WTactics
sooner or later will be.
The one and only snowdrop himself, told me about his project and I was awestruct.
I've been looking for so long for something where I, where anoybody,
easily could be part of something big.
The whole idea of the game I find very interesting and I can't wait to see this
grow into a full complete game.

To bad, I miss the skills of programming, or to be able to draw good enough to be able to contribute
in that way, but any other thing, ideas, new solutions, small design problems,
(or large ones for that part) etc.
That's something I can help out with.
I've got a good estethic eye, and sees early if something won't work, and what can be done instead.
I think it's good that there are a focus on a low learningcurve, how you learn the game needs to be somewhat pedagogic but still not childish.
To give constructive critiscism to new cards, is also something I very well could do.

I'm very excited to get more involved in this, and can't wait to start help out in someway :mrgreen:

And.. that'll be my presentation.
If you got questions, I'll happily answer them as good as I can.
snowdrop
developer

Re: Yulia

Post by snowdrop » Thu Sep 09, 2010 17:12

Greets & welcome Yulia.

Have no worries about the lacking art/programming skills - there is a million other things that need to be taken care of and that involve neither of the two ;)

I need to nail the storyline (as presented in the wiki) somewhat more as it is still half-finished and also resolve some things with the new resource system. Once that's done you could help out with a number of things, such as creating ideas for new cards for a faction, figuring out card names, playtesting once we have enough cards done for a playtesting etc. There's plenty of work that's waiting for us...

I'll try to wrap up the story this or the coming weekend and also present the resource system, and we'll take it from there.

It's also important that you tell us what you feel like doing the most and what you fancy - we all work on our free time and nobody will force you to do anything ;) and ideally people get to do what they enjoy and feel comfortable with.

Btw, what does your avatar depict? Oh.. I also forgot the CCG you had been in contact with - was it pokemon or yu-gi-oh? And how well do you know it? I'd like to read through it's ruleset to see how it compares with what I have in mind, as I think it would make it easier for us when we discuss certain aspects of the game if we use a common "frame"/experience. Usually people have played Magic the Gathering, and any time you see me refere to MtG or WotC it relates to Magic the Gathering.
Yulia

Post by Yulia » Fri Sep 10, 2010 18:52

It was Pokémon, have played for about 11 years, so I know the rules almost perfectly.
To bad i'm the only one i know who plays.. So I haven't been able to play with someone else.

About my avatar, it's just som paint dabs in rainbow colors. Nothing fancy really, but I like colors :)

I think I need to read more in the wiki to get more involved in what alreade has been done.
What are some of the more important articles to read?
TorbenBeta

Post by TorbenBeta » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:22

The most important articles are:
The GDC (general design documentary) http://chaosrealm.net/w/General_Design_Document
The ORC (original rules concept) in the wiki at http://wtactics.org/wiki.
snowdrop
developer

Post by snowdrop » Sun Sep 12, 2010 15:41

/me seconds Torben..