Crendgrim

Say hi to the others - post an informative presentation of yourself. Follow these instructions.
Forum rules
Every presentation should be it's own separate thread. Each person is entitled to only one presentation. Follow these instructions.
Crendgrim
Crendgrim

Post by Crendgrim » Tue Oct 25, 2011 15:23

So, yeah, hi there. :P
I'm already hanging out on the IRC channel for quite some time, but a few days ago I've been "convinced" (read: forced :P ) to create a presentation thread on these forums. So, here we go.

I'm Crendgrim from Germany, and I'm using open source software now for a lot of years (actually, it's been so many years that I don't remember how many). This made me learn about The Battle for Wesnoth (from where you may know me) some years ago, and in the end of last year I joined their community. That way I somehow came across WTactics. I think it has been this thread which made me have a first look at this page.
Whatever, I somehow landed on the IRC channel on Freenode, eager to help out with the translations. I think it were TorbenBeta and daBascht who then introduced me to the project, yet I had way too much RL business and forgot about WTactics.
Then, a short while ago (let it be two months?) I remembered WTactics because of some posts in the "Original-art-give-back" thread over at Wesnoth's forums and since then I'm again lurking around in #WTactics.
And right now I'm being forced to use the forums. ;)

As I didn't follow the development during the past months, how far is WTactics? Are the basic rules already laid out, and is the planned virtual version already playable?

Crend
Ravenchild
developer

Re: Crendgrim

Post by Ravenchild » Tue Oct 25, 2011 17:47

Hi, nice to have you around.

As for the rules: It's still pretty fluid and we are discussing several options that will make up the final ruleset. So if you have great ideas for new game mechanics, feel free to share your thoughts here and we can discuss them.
snowdrop
developer

Re: Crendgrim

Post by snowdrop » Wed Oct 26, 2011 02:20

and is the planned virtual version already playable?
Yes, as soon as basic corner stones of the rules are in place (which they will before new years if I can help it) it is playable online using gCCG (Linux native, open source) or LackeyCCG (win & WINE, free & closed). Whoever that wants to create a patch for it to run on gCCG or any other card engine will have our blessing. I myself will maintain a LackeyCCG version, at least until ViCE and/or Sandscape are operational enough.