Hello there

Say hi to the others - post an informative presentation of yourself. Follow these instructions.
Forum rules
Every presentation should be it's own separate thread. Each person is entitled to only one presentation. Follow these instructions.
cnelsonsic
Hello there

Post by cnelsonsic » Tue Nov 20, 2012 02:27

So I idle in #WTactics a lot, and am interested in contributing code and automation.
I'm a python programmer by day, python programmer by night, and have been working on a large amount of little random projects. (https://github.com/cnelsonsic for my code-CV)
I'm also pretty good in blender and inkscape, but I'm not an artist by any means.

I've done a little game design, (a couple card games that didn't get past my circle of friends) and have some experience with automating the generation of card images from well-formed data.

I've been playing Magic for probably ten years now, but I'm still quite bad at it.

I usually have a few hours a week to devote to projects, so let me know if there's anything you'd like me to do codewise. :)
Knitter
developer

Re: Hello there

Post by Knitter » Sat Nov 24, 2012 19:02

I,

And welcome to the forum. I'm sure you can find several programming tasks in the projects that are currently in development, though if you want to work with python I think ViCE is the project you're looking for :)
Rejoice! For very bad things are about to happen.
aspidites

Post by aspidites » Mon Nov 26, 2012 05:59

Welcome, cnelsonsic!

ViCE development is slow moving (read glacial), but feel free to contribute in whatever way you see fit.

Project Page: http://github.com/aspidites/ViCE
Issue Tracker: http://github.com/aspidites/ViCE/issues
Documentation: aspidites.github.com/ViCE

The documentation is your best bet for understanding my (clouded) vision for the project, where as the issue tracker is the best approximation for my priorities.
snowdrop
developer

Post by snowdrop » Mon Nov 26, 2012 23:01

Be officially welcomed. :)
cnelsonsic wrote:So I idle in #WTactics a lot, and am interested in contributing code and automation.
I'm a python programmer by day, python programmer by night, and have been working on a large amount of little random projects.
As pointed out, ViCE is the safest bet for python. You'd be contributing to some ass-kicking and cool stuff, only open client/server I know of that's in the making and that's truly cross-platform... beware, it will be no small project though ;) but together with asp's hands you guys will be able to create wonders,

I'm also pretty good in blender and inkscape, but I'm not an artist by any means.
1. As for blender, I don't think we have any apparent needs escept for one thing: Some kind of nice text-logo/info render that we can slap on videos, you know the kind of graphics you'd see on the botto of a video along with some short text. That and/or a "channel" logo.

2. Inkscape on the other hand... we have been discussing alternative card templates and also colorization of the house of nobles and empire (blue-ish) templates, so plenty to do there if you're up for it.
I've done a little game design, (a couple card games that didn't get past my circle of friends) and have some experience with automating the generation of card images from well-formed data.
Feel free to share rulesets here in forum :) Always interesting to read...
I've been playing Magic for probably ten years now, but I'm still quite bad at it.
Tell me if you're up for a couple of games using WotC pre-cons or something, using LackeyCCG for example. It would be nice, but mostly if you also happened to have a headset. We have our own mumble server as well, but I can do skype if needed be... Playing other games helps us improve this one ;)
I usually have a few hours a week to devote to projects, so let me know if there's anything you'd like me to do codewise. :)
ViCE... can spend your life on it ;) Linux needs it, Apple OS needs it, heck, even win needs it as there are only shitty projects around.

p.s. We're slow moving, but are moving. What's important is that you pick a field you really think you will stick with and think you'll enjoy... and we'll take it from there. There's a lot to get into now from the start...