Introduction saart

Say hi to the others - post an informative presentation of yourself. Follow these instructions.
Forum rules
Every presentation should be it's own separate thread. Each person is entitled to only one presentation. Follow these instructions.
saart
Introduction saart

Post by saart » Mon Apr 25, 2016 18:08

Hi everyone.

I'm saart from France, Paris. I am 24 (as of 2016).

Even though I have studied i have studied computer science and often try to motivate myself to code, my relation with computers is much more on the sysadmin side than developer, so I am afraid I can't be of much help there.

I am a huge player of Magic The Gathering, loving the competitive side of the game, but traveling to the different Grand Prix locations while always wanting to have the deck that I think to be the best has proven to be somewhat expensive, and I thought I might want to lower the cost of that drogue somehow. Hopefully investing some time in this project might achieve so.

I have very little knowledge of other card games though. I tried out Hex TCG and Hearthstone a little bit, but they felt really poor in comparison to Magic.

I am a big believer in open source, and thank you all for working on this project.

I have suscribed to this forum as a first step to motivate myself into participating, hopefully I'll be able to help on the rules/playtesting(/lore?) from time to time :)
Peter

Re: Introduction saart

Post by Peter » Mon Apr 25, 2016 19:15

Welcome to this project, saart!

I think this is a good way to save money because you don't have to buy lots of cards. :)
Kind regards and happy coding :)
snowdrop
developer

Post by snowdrop » Mon Apr 25, 2016 21:12

saart wrote: I have very little knowledge of other card games though.)
Nah, you know MTG - then you pretty much know all the basics and a lot more compared to 90% of what is out there. I can recommend "Legend of the five rings" if you want something that is just as complex as magic but even deeper, and also one of the few games that have lived for long.
I tried out Hex TCG and Hearthstone a little bit, but they felt really poor in comparison to Magic.
I downloaded HEX but haven't come around to give it an honest shot. It felt like it had nothing new at all when I tried it, and the graphical aspects of it wasn't my cup of tea really, felt like some strange 90's fantasy/horror/b-movie mashup.

Herathstone is a brilliant game, for what it is, and it is supposed to be casual and super quick to play, so then you end up with that: For people like us that are used to MTG it is underwhelming and a "light" game, so yeah, I agree that it doesn't compare to magic, but, it also doesn't try to either.
I am a big believer in open source, and thank you all for working on this project.
:)
I have suscribed to this forum as a first step to motivate myself into participating, hopefully I'll be able to help on the rules/playtesting(/lore?) from time to time :)
Shout if you want a voice session on skype or discord, and I can help you fill in the gaps of whatever you want to know. Meanwhile, feel free to read one of the rulesets and then start creating cards/decks so we can get some playtesting done...

All in all this project will be to you what you make of it.
ngoeminne

Post by ngoeminne » Thu Apr 28, 2016 14:15

Hi saart,

Welcome aboard. It's nice to have someone from France, that means that I don't have to go all the way to Sweden to playtest a game of WTactics. (I'm from Belgium).

As I suggest to anyone new, take your time to get familiar with all the info that's available.
Feel free to discuss the ARC / ORC or VSR rulesets, and when in doubt just drop a line on the forum. For the ARC (and ORC) I'm always happy to do a skype session.

As snowdrop and I have found out, discussing rules that way is much more productive then using long back and forth forum posts.

Welcome aboard.
Nico
saart

Post by saart » Thu Apr 28, 2016 21:19

Hi ngoeminne,

Feel free to contact me if you're passing in paris, also I can't promise anything. Are you also playing Magic? I'll probably be in Brussel for its next Grand Prix or Bazar Of Moxen. I'll ping you if I'm still following this community.

For now I think I mostly need to re-read and really absorb the different rules. I'm a bit busy right now cause whenever I have time to play, I prefer to playtest for the Bazar of Moxen in Annecy in a week, but hopefully I should be able to start playtesting WT in about 2 weeks.