Introduction Julie.chan

Say hi to the others - post an informative presentation of yourself. Follow these instructions.
Forum rules
Every presentation should be it's own separate thread. Each person is entitled to only one presentation. Follow these instructions.
julie.chan
Introduction Julie.chan

Post by julie.chan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 02:54

Hi there, I'm Julie, hailing from Michigan. I'm a programmer who works on libre computer games. I've also been really interested in trading card games for years; Yu-Gi-Oh was what I originally played, but I think Duel Masters is better and was disappointed when it failed in the United States... twice.

I came across Arcmage just last week when DireMungBean posted about his digital version of Arcmage (Arcmage: Seeds of Magic) on the FreeGameDev.net forum, and was instantly hooked when I looked at the rules. I also love that this is being designed to be a balanced game, which I think is a severe problem in commercial trading card games. Players shouldn't be forced by circumstance to use the same set of cards as everyone else. I think deck building should be a creative, personalized, fun experience.

So yeah, here I am. I'm interested in playing Arcmage, and I'm also interested in helping develop it if I can.
Desttinghim

Re: Introduction Julie.chan

Post by Desttinghim » Fri Dec 08, 2017 05:03

Hey, you're the developer of Hexoshi! I thought you're avatar was familiar. I'm Louis, and I've not done a whole lot but I've been poking at the rules every now and then with some of my Magic playing friends to try and give it a more distinct feel. Definitely excited to see more people join the project!
ngoeminne

Re: Introduction Julie.chan

Post by ngoeminne » Tue Dec 12, 2017 16:14

Hello Julie,

Welcome to our forum. Nice of you to drop by! Feel free to participate in the discussions, share ideas, etc.

And if you're up for a game of Arcmage, let me know :-)

Kind regards,
Nico