Introduction davidmfinol

Say hi to the others - post an informative presentation of yourself. Follow these instructions.
Forum rules
Every presentation should be it's own separate thread. Each person is entitled to only one presentation. Follow these instructions.
davidmfinol
Introduction davidmfinol

Post by davidmfinol » Fri May 11, 2018 19:46

Hi! My name is David Finol, and I am a software developer from Texas.

I play a mix of different card games, but my favorite has always been Magic. For those that are interested, I play eldrazi in legacy, eldrazi in Modern, and I don't play standard anymore since eldrazi are no longer in standard. Just kidding, I'll probably brew up a new deck to play in standard at some point. I used to play a lot of yugioh, though we don't play it as much anymore. Recently, I've been trying to get into Dragoborne and the Final Fantasy TCG.

I consider myself primarily a Johnny, meaning I think the deck-building process is the best part about card games. Unfortunately, as I'm sure most of the people here are aware, coming up with a new deck list and trying it out gets ridiculously expensive if you have to have the physical cards for every iteration of every deck you try out. For Magic, I've spent a lot of time using the Tappedout.net playtest tool as a result. For other games, I've also done a lot of printing out proxies and testing them out by putting them over other sleeved cards. This isn't really ideal, so I decided to build my own tool to allow for play-testing new decks: Card Game Simulator.

I recently released v1 of CGS, and it can be downloaded for Android and Windows (still working on submission to Apple) at the website: https://www.cardgamesimulator.com/. I've talked with snowdrop a bit about potentially including Gaia and Saga within CGS, and now I'd like to bring up the possibility about including Arcmage here. I'm not much of a game designer, but I have done my share of study of game design from resources like Making Magic and Extra Credits. I'm really hoping we can help each other out!
Desttinghim

Re: Introduction davidmfinol

Post by Desttinghim » Mon May 21, 2018 14:58

Hey, don't know how I missed your post. Welcome aboard! Your app looks cool, I'll have to check it out. It will be good to have more people to playtest the game!
ngoeminne

Re: Introduction davidmfinol

Post by ngoeminne » Mon Jun 04, 2018 21:41

Hi David,

As for me, I'd like to welcome you as well. I'm sure with all your MTG and other CCG experience you'll have plenty good feedback on all our cards and rules.

Welcome aboard,
Nico